Catholic Heritage Program Requirements
For the most current program requirements, please refer to the Catholic Heritage section of the Undergraduate Catalog.
Courses in the Catholic Heritage Minor
Two required courses in Religious Studies; 3 courses in at least 2 other Departments/Perspectives; plus a required guided capstone seminar/ project = 6 courses (18 credits).
The schedule of courses will be made in conjunction with a mentor from the Department of Religious Studies.
Foundational Courses (6)
- REST 102C: P2 Introduction to Roman Catholicism
- REST 262C: Christian Scriptures
Three courses from at least two of the
following departments/perspectives areas (9)
- PHIL 221C: P2 Metaphysics
- PHIL 222P: P2 Philosophy of Religion
- PHIL 312C: P2 Medieval Philosophy
- PHIL 350C: P2 Renaissance Seminar
- ENGL 170: LC Fantasy and/in History
(Only offered as part of a Learning Community)
- ENGL 293: P1 Early English Literature
- HIST/REST 250C: P2 History of the Papacy
- HIST 333: European Catholic Historical Thought
- SOCI 490: Internship in Catholic Facilities: (e.g., Catholic charities, Catholic schools, Catholic family center, Catholic media, etc.)
Capstone Seminar/Project: A Reflection on Catholic Heritage (3)
- REST 496: Independent Study
Total Credits = (18)
Note: A grade point average of 2.00 is required for all courses taken in residence that may be applied to the minor.