The St. Thomas More Center for Interdisciplinary Ethics
The St. Thomas More Center for Interdisciplinary Ethics is an interdisciplinary teaching and programming unit within the St. John Fisher College School of Arts and Sciences. Currently, the Center is housed in faculty offices in the Philosophy and Religious Studies Departments and is funded by the William and Helen Cavanaugh Chair of Catholic Studies, the Ethics Minor Program, and the Religious Studies and Philosophy Departments.
The mission of the Center is to advance research and training in ethics and moral problem-solving in the professions and in public life. Activities of the Center are designed to
- engage students and faculty from St. John Fisher schools, departments, and programs in ethics-related educational events, course and program development, research collaborations, and outreach activities
- heighten public awareness of scholarly research in the professions relevant to ethics and morality
- offer public forums to explore, discuss, and address emerging ethical issues
- engage in community outreach through ethics-related educational programming and service learning placements and internships
- serve as a clearinghouse for resources for research and teaching in ethics and moral problem-solving