Legal Studies Requirements
Note: The most current Legal Studies Program Requirements can be found in the Undergraduate Catalog.
The Legal Studies major is a 11 course (33 credit hour) second major* consisting of 7 required courses and 4 electives.
- LEST/POSC 210 - P3 Law, Politics, and Society
- LEST/POSC 212 - Legal Research and Analysis
- LEST/PHIL 260C - P3 The Philosophy of Law
- ECON 250 Law and Economics
- LEST/ENGL 271 - Introduction to Legal Writing
- POSC 332 Con Law I: Government Powers -OR-
POSC 333 Con Law II: Civil Liberties - Civil Rights
- LEST 495 - Legal Studies Internship
The Legal Studies major requires four electives chosen from a variety of courses offered in departments such as Anthropology, Economics, Political Science, Religious Studies, Sociology, and Sport Management. For a listing of elective courses, refer to the Legal Studies section of the Undergraduate Catalog.
*You must also declare a primary major.
Legal Studies Minor
Because Legal Studies is a “second major only” option, no minor in Legal Studies is available. If you feel you are not able to complete a primary major and the LEST major but nevertheless are interested in law, please consult with your principal academic advisor and the program director of Legal Studies.