Countdown to Commencement: Jacquie Cowley
It’s time for the annual Countdown to Commencement video series, where we feature one senior each week who was nominated by a member of the faculty or staff for their accomplishments during their time at the College. First up, Jacquie Cowley, an Accounting major, who was nominated by Mike Fedoryshyn, Professor of Accounting, and Lori Hollenbeck, Assistant Dean of the School of Business.
Cowley’s campus involvement is quite extensive, and encompasses academic and service activities. As Co-Chair of the Accounting Club, she attended four leadership forums with accounting firms over the summer to expand her leadership abilities. She is one of the student liaisons of the College’s Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter, and she has participated in the Deloitte Tax Challenge and the PricewaterhouseCoopers Tax Challenge. Cowley also serves as an Accounting tutor.
In addition, after volunteering at Camp Good Days and Special Times over the past few summers, she has developed a true passion for the organization. That passion carries over into a leadership role as a captain on the Teddi Committee.
This year, she was a recipient of the Rochester Business Ethics Foundation scholarship.
“Jacquie is a firm believer that integrity stems from being earnest and always looking at how your actions are affecting others, as those can be more important than how they are affecting yourself. She strives to instill these qualities in others, while being a leader, in order to remain a positive role model for her community,” said Hollenbeck.
Fedoryshyn said the two qualities he will remember the most are Cowley’s self-confidence and presence around others the most.
“While I never had Jacquie in class, she had had a very positive impact on the Accounting Department and within the School of Business. We often call upon her to represent us at various events, and she assumes leadership roles enthusiastically,” he said.
Following graduation, Cowley will head to the University of Denver for graduate school where she plans to obtain her Master’s in Tax.
Meet this week’s senior, Jacquie Cowley! Best of luck to you!
Latest School of Business News
- Junior Places Fourth in National Marketing Sales Competition
- AMA Marketing Week Incites Passion for Field
- Students Focus on Strengths during Semester’s First Women’s Leadership Series Event
- Fisher Student Nominated for National Collegiate Honors Counsel Award
- Human Resources Student Organization Earns Recognition from National Chapter
- St. John Fisher College Appoints Dean of School of Business
- School of Business Honors Class of 2016
- School of Business Inducts 42 into Beta Gamma Sigma
- Professor Shares Business Expertise through Fulbright, Aims to Erupt Economic Development on Volcanic Island of Rodrigues
- Speed Networking Connects Students, Industry Leaders