Cowley Attends BGS Student Leadership Forum
Jacquelyn Cowley, one of the College’s Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS) co-liaisons, represented the School of Business and the Fisher BGS chapter at the annual BGS Student Leadership Spring Forum in San Antonio, Texas. The forum took place from February 6-9.
The forum provides an opportunity for BGS members to collaborate, share ideas, and enhance their leadership skills through team-building exercises, guest speakers, and other developmental activities. This year, the forum welcomed students from all across the country and the globe including members from Hong Kong, Germany, and Canada.
Cowley’s favorite event from the forum involved guest speaker Alyssa Preston, Founder and Principal of Communication Architect SAGE, LLC, who walked students through a leadership self-analysis that encouraged them to question their own lives and step out of their comfort zones.
“From this experience I have learned that I need to pursue the things I am passionate about at the risk of everything, because in the end, you only fail when you stop trying,” said Cowley.
This interactive learning experience provided Cowley with a new leadership outlook and a new list of goals for the Fisher BGS chapter this year. She plans to incorporate what she has learned from this forum into her own life in order to improve herself for the future.
Cowley actively shows her support in the accounting community by serving as the Chair of the College’s Accounting Club and attending leadership forums at various accounting firms. She was also the recipient of this year’s RABEF Scholarship, given to students for their outstanding display of business leadership and academic excellence. Aside from her accounting involvement, Cowley holds a leadership position on the Teddi Committee, and volunteers her time at Camp Good Days and Special Times over the summer. She plans on attending graduate school to pursue a Master's of Tax degree.
Latest School of Business News
- Business Students Find Success at BGS Summit
- For Fifth Consecutive Year, Students Take First in Regional Tax Competition
- Accounting Students See Real-life Scenarios in PwC Case Competition
- Fisher Senior Accepted into KPMG Master’s Program
- School of Business Strategic Planning Event Brings Stakeholders to the Table
- School of Business Welcomes Visiting International Students
- Fisher Hosts Business School Deans Roundtable
- Junior Places Fourth in National Marketing Sales Competition
- AMA Marketing Week Incites Passion for Field
- Students Focus on Strengths during Semester’s First Women’s Leadership Series Event