Kozan Publishes Two Articles
Dr. Kamil Kozan, Professor of Management in the School of Business, recently had two articles published in internationally read trade publications.
"Bases of Power and Conflict Intervention Strategy," was published in International Journal of Conflict Management. The article focuses on Kozan’s study which found that managers with charismatic power use mediation in handling conflicts among subordinates. But, when the conflicts escalate, managers are likely to use reward power and resort to more intrusive methods like arbitration. Subordinate satisfaction is highest with mediation, and training of managers in early and continued mediation is advised for better workplace conflict management.
His second article, "Role of Strong versus Weak Networks in Small Business Growth in an Emerging Economy," was published in Administrative Sciences, and argues that in an emerging economy, entrepreneurs rely on a closely knit network of friends and family more than a loose network of banks, financiers, or consultants.
Latest School of Business News
- Accounting Professor Selected for Third Fulbright
- Business Students Find Success at BGS Summit
- For Fifth Consecutive Year, Students Take First in Regional Tax Competition
- Accounting Students See Real-life Scenarios in PwC Case Competition
- Fisher Senior Accepted into KPMG Master’s Program
- School of Business Strategic Planning Event Brings Stakeholders to the Table
- School of Business Welcomes Visiting International Students
- Fisher Hosts Business School Deans Roundtable
- Junior Places Fourth in National Marketing Sales Competition
- AMA Marketing Week Incites Passion for Field