Kozan Publishes Two Articles
Dr. Kamil Kozan, Professor of Management in the School of Business, recently had two articles published in internationally read trade publications.
"Bases of Power and Conflict Intervention Strategy," was published in International Journal of Conflict Management. The article focuses on Kozan’s study which found that managers with charismatic power use mediation in handling conflicts among subordinates. But, when the conflicts escalate, managers are likely to use reward power and resort to more intrusive methods like arbitration. Subordinate satisfaction is highest with mediation, and training of managers in early and continued mediation is advised for better workplace conflict management.
His second article, "Role of Strong versus Weak Networks in Small Business Growth in an Emerging Economy," was published in Administrative Sciences, and argues that in an emerging economy, entrepreneurs rely on a closely knit network of friends and family more than a loose network of banks, financiers, or consultants.
Latest School of Business News
- School of Business Inducts 42 into Beta Gamma Sigma
- Professor Shares Business Expertise through Fulbright, Aims to Erupt Economic Development on Volcanic Island of Rodrigues
- Speed Networking Connects Students, Industry Leaders
- Fisher Senior AMA Student Marketer of the Year
- Human Resources Student Group Picking Up Momentum
- Three Fisher Teams Present Business Ideas at State Entrepreneurial Competition
- Countdown to Commencement: Lauren Owens
- Student Research Takes Center Stage this Month
- Summer Online @ Fisher is Back
- Sashittal, DeMar Published in Harvard Business Review