Standard 1: Candidate Knowledge, Skills, and Dispositions
Pedagogical Content Knowledge for Teacher Candidates: (Initial and Continuing Preparation of Teachers)
- They present the content to students in challenging, clear and compelling ways and integrate technology appropriately.
Professional Knowledge and Skills for Other School Personnel:
- Candidates collect and analyze data related to their work, reflect on their practice, and use research and technology to support and improve student learning.
- They collect and analyze data related to their work, reflect on their practice, and use research and technology to support and improve student learning.
Student Learning For Other Professional School Personnel:
- They are able to appropriately and effectively integrate technology and information literacy in instruction to support student learning.
Standard 2: Assessment System and Student Evaluation
Data Collection, Analysis, and Evaluation:
- The unit is developing and testing different information technologies to improve its assessment system.
Standard 3: Field Experience and Clinical Practice
Design, Implementation, and Evaluation of Field Experiences and Clinical Practice:
- They are involved in a variety of school-based activities directed at the improvement of teaching and learning, including the use of information technology.
Standard 4: Diversity
Standard 5: Faculty Qualifications, Performance and Development
Modeling Best Professional Practices in Teaching:
- Teaching by the professional education faculty reflects the unit's conceptual framework(s), incorporates appropriate performance assessments, and integrates diversity and technology throughout coursework, field experiences, and clinical practices.
- Faculty members understand assessment technology; use the data to improve their practice.
Standard 6: Unit Governance and Resources
- Facilities support the most recent developments in technology that allow faculty to model the use of technology and candidates to practice its use for instructional purposes.
Unit Resources including Technology:
- The unit serves as an information technology resource in education beyond the education programs - to the institution, community, and other institutions. Faculty and candidates have access to exemplary library, curricular, and electronic information resources that not only sere the unit, but also a broader constituency.