Welcome to the School of Education (SoE) at St. John Fisher College. The SoE operates within the context of the College's mission and its liberal arts tradition.
The primary purpose of the SoE is to provide leadership and coordination for all programs that prepare education professionals for certification and careers in schools, elementary through high school.
In carrying out this purpose, the SoE is committed to:
- Providing high-quality programs of study, instruction and practice
- Understanding, promoting, and respecting diversity
- Supporting candidate, faculty, staff, and program development
- Insuring that resources support appropriate classroom and clinical experiences
- Promoting internal and external partnerships
- Encouraging faculty to be engaged in activities that promote effective teaching, scholarship, assessment, advisement, and professional and community service
The SoE and its related educational programs are located in the Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. Building, a state-of-the-art facility with advanced technological capacity. We look forward to working with you as you prepare for professional careers in education.
Dr. Michael Wischnowski, Dean
Ralph C. Wilson Jr. School of Education