Cooney Miner is 2013 Athena Award Finalist
Dr. Dianne Cooney Miner, Dean, Wegmans School of Nursing, has been selected as one of 15 finalists for the 2013 Athena Award. The annual award is presented by the Women’s Council of the Rochester Business Alliance.
The Athena Award recognizes women who fulfill the following criteria: demonstrate excellence, creativity, and initiative in their business or profession; provide valuable service by contributing time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community; and actively assist women in realizing their full leadership potential.
Jennifer Wilson, a graduate of Fisher's Ed.D. in Executive Leadership program, nominated Cooney Miner. Wilson said that during her time in the Ed.D. program at Fisher, Cooney Miner was an influential faculty member and mentor to her.
“She creates an environment in which everyone can be successful. She is a phenomenal mentor to professional women, and exemplifies a leader who walks the talk,” said Wilson.
The 2013 winner will be announced on January 24.
Latest Nursing News
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes
- Nursing Student’s Community Bike Program Transforms a Neighborhood
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Grant Funds Substance Abuse Screening and Intervention Training for Pharmacy, Nursing, and Mental Health Counseling Students
- Fisher Celebrates Opening of New Integrated Science and Health Sciences Building
- Critical Care Nurse Publishes Article Co-Authored by School of Nursing Faculty
- Cooney Miner Named Honorary Fellow by Royal College of Surgeons Ireland