Cooney Miner is 2013 Athena Award Finalist
Dr. Dianne Cooney Miner, Dean, Wegmans School of Nursing, has been selected as one of 15 finalists for the 2013 Athena Award. The annual award is presented by the Women’s Council of the Rochester Business Alliance.
The Athena Award recognizes women who fulfill the following criteria: demonstrate excellence, creativity, and initiative in their business or profession; provide valuable service by contributing time and energy to improve the quality of life for others in the community; and actively assist women in realizing their full leadership potential.
Jennifer Wilson, a graduate of Fisher's Ed.D. in Executive Leadership program, nominated Cooney Miner. Wilson said that during her time in the Ed.D. program at Fisher, Cooney Miner was an influential faculty member and mentor to her.
“She creates an environment in which everyone can be successful. She is a phenomenal mentor to professional women, and exemplifies a leader who walks the talk,” said Wilson.
The 2013 winner will be announced on January 24.
Latest Nursing News
- Mental Health Counseling Program Earns Grant to Fund New Training Program
- Fisher Event Registers 60 Bone Marrow Donors
- Three from Fisher Attend Undergraduate Research Programs Institute
- Wegmans School of Nursing Simulation Center Given Prestigious PACE Award by Laerdal Medical
- Nursing Sim Center Featured in Rochester Business Journal
- Markwick Featured on Fox Rochester
- Markwick Named New York State Nurse Practitioner of the Year
- Internships Immerse Students in the Life of a Nurse
- Nursing Alumna Given Future Nurse Leader Award
- 2016 Nursing Graduates Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on Licensure Exam