Nine Honored at Wegmans School of Nursing Hooding Ceremony
The Wegmans School of Nursing held its hooding ceremony on Thursday, May 8, and honored nine graduates with special awards.
Award winners included:
Scholarly Achievement Award – Presented to the graduate student with the highest overall master’s nursing student GPA.
Recipient: Jennifer Tuttle
Outstanding Clinical Nurse Specialist Student award – Presented to the clinical nurse specialist student who exemplifies the leadership and scholarship attributes of a clinical nurse specialist. These advanced practice nurses work in hospital systems with a focus on complex patients and lead interprofessional teams to provide high quality care patients and their families.
Recipient: Eileen Murphy
Outstanding Nurse Educator Student Award – Given to a Nurse Educator graduate student who nominated by the faculty and best exemplifies the Nurse Educator role.
Recipient: Shayna Turner
Outstanding Family Nurse Practitioner Student Award – Recipient is nominated by the faculty and presented to the student who best exemplifies the Family Nurse Practitioner role.
Recipient: Kristina Haralambides
Kastberg Scholarly Achievement Award –Given to a graduating student who has achieved academic distinction throughout his/her coursework in the Mental Health Counseling Program, and who has additionally demonstrated a high level of counseling skill development. The award is name after Dr. Signe Kastberg, former Director of the Mental Health Counseling Program, who provided outstanding leadership in the early days of the program, guiding it to receive a full eight years of national accreditation in 2008.
Recipient: Heather Frederick
Bufano Counselor Excellence Award – Named in honor of Douglas Bufano, the first clinical director of the Mental Health Counseling program, and a continuing contributor as an adjunct faculty member, group facilitator, and intern supervisor. Dr. Bufano’s contributions to mental health services in the Rochester community are widely recognized. The recipient(s) of this award nominated by their peers and demonstrate:
- Leadership in the Mental Health Counseling Program as evidenced by active contributions such as student representation; extracurricular activities; meeting with (or providing information to) prospective students, faculty, staff; and related activities.
- Supportive, encouraging, and constructive feedback to colleagues/classmates.
- Personal and professional growth throughout the course of study and field work.
- Participation in professional counseling organizations.
- Potential for excellence as a professional counselor as evidenced through mastery of the knowledge base necessary in the field, and also by modeling these personal qualities- flexibility, respect for others, receptivity to feedback, capacity to listen and attend, appropriate self-disclosure, reliability/teamwork, genuineness, empathy, integrity, commitment to excellence, sense of humor, and ability to balance multiple life tasks.
Recipient: Casandra Callipare
Academic Excellence Award (Doctor of Nursing Practice) – Given to the DNP student who has the highest GPA throughout the entire DNP Program.
Recipient: Virginia Riggall and Donna Tydings
Clinical Practice Scholarship Award (Doctor of Nursing Practice) – The recipient of the Clinical Practice Scholarship Award is selected by the faculty. The awardee is chosen for the best Clinical Practice Project which is the cornerstone of DNP education. It reflects the tenets of the Essentials of Doctoral Education in Nursing Practice as determined by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing.
Recipient: Colleen Walsh
Find more photos from the ceremony on the College's Facebook page.
Latest Nursing News
- Kiweewa Awarded Visiting Professorship to Ugandan University
- Student Research Takes Center Stage this Month
- Summer Online @ Fisher is Back
- Countdown to Commencement: Sarah Harrington
- Nursing Faculty Duo Present at National Clinical Nurse Specialist Conference
- Nursing Graduate Programs Ranked among Best in Country
- Faculty Collaboration Nets NIH-Funded Case Study Project
- Nursing Students Present at Best Practice Sharing Session
- Mental Health Counseling Program Receives National Accreditation
- Fisher Receives $410,000 Higher Ed Capital Funding for Science Building