Faculty Recognized for Grants
On Friday, November 22, the College’s Office of Corporate, Foundation, and Government Relations held the inaugural Faculty Recognition Event to acknowledge faculty from across campus who have submitted grant proposals or implemented grant projects during the 2012-13 fiscal year.
The event brought together faculty from Pharmacy, Education, Chemistry, Philosophy, Nursing, Sociology, and Media and Communication, as well as staff from Lavery Library and the Academic Opportunities Programs Office.
Dr. Donald Bain, President, and Dr. Randall Krieg, Provost, made remarks during the event, noting the importance of grant funding and faculty research.
“The funding available through grants is an important resource in ensuring that our faculty are able to further their expertise and explore their passion, which in turn benefits both our students and our Institution as a whole,” said Bain. “Your hard work also raises the College profile, enhances our reputation, and is a vehicle in disseminating the important work that we are doing here.”
In addition, Dr. Jeff Liles, Associate Professor of Inclusive Childhood Education, spoke about his experience securing a grant with the Bank of America, which led to “Project College Bound,” a partnership between Fisher and the Rochester Early College International High School focused on college-readiness and academic success in high school and beyond.
Faculty interested in submitting new grant proposals can contact Maya Temperley, Director of Corporate, Foundation, and Government Relations, at 899-3828 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest Nursing News
- Senator Funke Announces Grant to Support Fisher’s Academy for Leadership in Long Term Care
- Weinschreider Presents Workshop at International Conference
- Course Teaches Community-Based Nursing
- Wegmans School of Nursing Launches Three New Master’s Programs
- Nelson-Tuttle Named Advanced Pediatric Nurse of the Year by March of Dimes
- Nursing Student’s Community Bike Program Transforms a Neighborhood
- School of Nursing Students Walk to Support Suicide Prevention
- School of Nursing Faculty Members Publish Study on Leadership in Nursing Education
- Nursing Students Spend Summer in Internships Learning Patient Care and More
- Grant Funds Substance Abuse Screening and Intervention Training for Pharmacy, Nursing, and Mental Health Counseling Students