Faculty & Staff Detail
Title: Associate Professor
Office: WEGPHR 309
Phone: (585) 899-3705
Education: Pharm.D., University of Buffalo
Pharmacy Practice Residency, University at Buffalo/Niagara Hospice (Lockport NY)
Certifications: Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist
Dr. Juba received her Pharm.D. from the University of Buffalo in 2005. She completed a pharmacy practice residency at the University at Buffalo/Niagara Hospice in 2006. After her residency she was a pain and palliative clinical pharmacy specialist for three years at Suncoast Hospice in Clearwater/St. Petersburg, FL.
She joined the Wegmans School of Pharmacy pharmacy practice faculty in November of 2009. Dr. Juba’s teaching site for third and fourth year pharmacy students is with the palliative care team at the University of Rochester Medical Center (URMC)-Strong Memorial Hospital. She is a preceptor for the URMC PGY1 and PGY2 pharmacy residency programs.
Dr. Juba’s practice areas include pain management, hospice/palliative care, and adult medicine. Dr. Juba’s research interests focus on pain management and hospice/palliative care pharmacotherapy.
She is a member of several professional organizations including the American College of Clinical Pharmacy (ACCP), NYS-ACCP, and the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
- Prohotsky DL, Juba KM, Zhao F. Formulation and Stability of an Extemporaneously Compounded Oral Solution of Chlorpromazine HCl. J Pain Palliat Care Pharmacother. 2014;28(4): 367-370.
- Schweighardt AE, Juba KM. Extended-Release Hydrocodone: The Devil in Disguise or Just Misunderstood? Ann Pharmacother. 2014.
- Juba KM, Ricca BP. Design of a problem-based learning pain and palliative care elective course. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning. 2014;6:421-428.
- Chatham MS, Dodds Ashley ES, Svengsouk JS, Juba KM. Dose Ratios Between High Dose Oral Morphine or Equivalents and Oral Methadone. J Palliat Med. 2013;16(8):947-950.
- Juba KM, Wahler RG, Daron SM. Morphine and Hydromorphone-Induced Hyperalgesia in a Hospice Patient. J Palliat Med. 2013;16(7):809-812.
- Juba, KM. Pharmacist Credentialing in Pain Management and Palliative Care. J Pharm Pract. 2012;25(5):517-520.
- Juba KM, Weiland D. Seizure Management in a Complex Hospice Patient. J Pain Palliat Care Pharmacother. 2010;24(1):26-32.
- Applied Pathophysiology and Therapeutics 3
- Geriatric Health Care
- Applied Pathophysiology and Therapeutics 1, 2, and 3
- Self-Care and Natural Products
- Geriatric Health Care
- Top 200 Drugs 1
- Application of Drug Interaction Information in Practice
- Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experience 3
- Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experience IV
- Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience Inpatient/Acute Care General Medicine