Faculty & Staff Detail
Title: Associate Professor
Office: WEGPHR 231
Phone: (585) 899-3820
Education: Pharm.D., Shenandoah University
B.S., University of Buffalo
Certifications: Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist
Dr. Nagel brings over 15 years of pharmacy practice experience in many different organizations and practice settings to enhance the quality of care that patients receive. She translates this experience to the students of the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, both in the classroom and in clinical practice settings.
Prior to joining St. John Fisher College, Nagel was a clinical pharmacist at the University of Rochester Medical Center (URMC), at both Strong Memorial Hospital and Golisano Children’s Hospital. Throughout her time at URMC, she served many roles including clinical staff pharmacist and clinical pediatric pharmacist. She spent time within in several different disciplines including burn/trauma, solid organ transplant, pharmacokinetic services, and pediatric hematology/oncology.
Dr. Nagel also has several years of community pharmacy experience. She holds several certifications and has completed advanced training to enhance the knowledge that she can share with her students. Through this wide-range of experience, she has made many professional relationships that add unique value to St John Fisher College and to the students within the Wegmans School of Pharmacy.
Dr. Nagel has been involved with the School since early in its inception. She served as a pharmacy mentor and preceptor for the inaugural class of Pharm.D. candidates while at URMC. She was also an original member of the Assessment Committee, as the community representative. In June 2009, she joined the School as an assistant professor in ambulatory care pharmacy (family medicine).
Currently, Dr. Nagel serves the Wegmans School of Pharmacy as the faculty advisor for the Student Society of Health-System Pharmacist (SSHP) and as member of the Curriculum Committee. In addition to service to the School, she is on College-level committees including the Strategic Planning Committee and Middle States Self-Study.
Dr. Nagel has been an active member of the professional society of the Rochester Area Society of Health Systems Pharmacists, serving as a board member in various positions. In addition, she has been involved in several committees within the New York State Council of Hospital Pharmacists, such as: Public Policy Committee and Strategic Planning/Leadership Committee. At a national level, Dr. Nagel serves the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) as a resident poster mentor and CV reviewer, and the American Pharmacist Association (APhA) as a local level case writer for the annual patient counseling competition.
Fortuna R, Nagel A, Rose E, McCann R, Teeters C, Quigley D, Legette-Sobers S, Bisognano J, and Rocco T. Effectiveness of a Multidisciplinary Intervention to Improve Hypertension Control in an Urban Underserved Practice. Journal of the American Society of Hypertension. Ms. Ref. No.: JASH-D-15-00183R1
Nagel A, Ahmed-Sarwar N, Werner P, Cipriano G, van Manen R, and Brown J. Dipeptidyl Peptidase-4 (DPP-4) associated Pancreatic Carcinoma: A Review of the FAERS Database. Annals of Pharmacotherapy. Ref No: AOP-15-0365.R1
Sanford M and Nagel A. A Review of Current Evidence of Olmesartan Medoxomil Mimicking Symptoms of Celiac Disease. Journal of Pharmacy Practice (JPP). 2014 Mar 28
Adherence to the 2013 ACC/AHA blood cholesterol guidelines: Are we following recommendations for statin therapy? Clark, J, Yacobucci, Kratochwill L, Nagel A, and Phillips E.
Impact of Hypertension Collaborative Drug Therapy Management on Blood Pressure. Crowley A, Nagel A, Ahmed-Sarwar N, and Cooper R.
Annual Hypertension Screen at The Rochester Public Market. Poplavskiy V, Matesic K, Gandhi M, and Nagel A
- Pharmacy student-led evaluation of patient willingness for smoking cessation utilizing various smoking cessation methods. Pena A, Stryker M, Nagel A, and Ahmed-Sarwar N
- Assessment of current methods used to train faculty advisors of professional student organizations. Payne C, Cipriano G, and Nagel A
- Sitagliptin associated Pancreatic Carcinoma: A Review of the FDA AERS Database. Nagel A, Cipriano G, Ahmed-Sarwar N, van Manen R, and Brown J
- Enhancing Ambulatory Care APPEs by Incorporating Patient Centered Medical Home Principles. Ahmed-Sarwar N and Nagel A
- Making a Lasting Impression: Preparing for the All-Important Interview. Sanford M, Fiorini S, Blackley R, Gandhi M, and Nagel A
- Preparing Student Pharmacists now for Interviewing in the Future. Cronlund L, Sanford M, Fiorini S, Nagel A, and Gandhi M
- Synchronizing Basic and Clinical Science Education at Wegmans School of Pharmacy. Nagel A, Parkhill A, Lavigne J, Phillips E, Slish J, Abu-Baker A, Corigliano A, Lowry B, Traina A, Birnie C, Pankaskie M