Faculty & Staff Detail
Angela Nagel, Pharm.D., BCPS
Title: Assistant Professor
Office: WEGPHR 231
Phone: (585) 899-3820
Education: Pharm.D., Shenandoah University
B.S., University of Buffalo
Dr. Nagel brings almost 15 years of pharmacy practice experience to the School in many different organizations and practice settings to enhance the quality of care that patients receive. She translates this experience to the students of the School both in the classroom and clinical practice setting.
Prior to joining St. John Fisher College, for almost 7 years she was a clinical pharmacist at the University of Rochester Medical Center (URMC), at both Strong Memorial Hospital and Golisano Children’s Hospital. Throughout her time at URMC, she served many roles including clinical staff pharmacist, clinical pediatric pharmacist, and spent time within several different disciplines such as: burn/trauma, solid organ transplant, pharmacokinetic services, and pediatric hematology/oncology.
Dr. Nagel also has several years of community pharmacy experience prior to accepting her role in academia. She holds several certifications and advance training to enhance the knowledge that she can share with her students. Through this wide-range of experience, she has made many professional relationships that add unique value to St John Fisher College and to the students within the Wegmans School of Pharmacy.
Dr. Nagel was involved with the School early in its inception. She served as a pharmacy mentor and preceptor for the inaugural class of Pharm.D. candidates while at URMC. Dr. Nagel was an original member of the Assessment Committee, as the community representative. In June 2009, she joined the School as an assistant professor in ambulatory care pharmacy (family medicine).
Currently, Dr. Nagel serves the Wegmans School of Pharmacy as the faculty advisor for the Student Society of Health-System Pharmacist (SSHP) and member of the Curriculum Committee. In addition to service to the School, she also is on College level committees: the Strategic Planning Committee and Middle States Self-Study.
Dr. Nagel has been an active member of the professional society of the Rochester Area Society of Health Systems Pharmacists, serving as a board member in several positions. In addition, she has been involved in several committees within the New York State Council of Hospital Pharmacists, such as: Public Policy Committee and Strategic Planning/Leadership Committee. At a national level, Dr. Nagel serves the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) as a resident poster mentor and CV reviewer, and the American Pharmacist Association (APhA) as a local level case writer for the annual patient counseling competition.
- Sanford M and Nagel A. A Review of Current Evidence of Olmesartan Medoxomil Mimicking Symptoms of Celiac Disease. Journal of Pharmacy Practice (JPP). 2014 Mar 28
- Evaluation of APPE grades given by full-time faculty versus adjunct faculty (submitted). DelMonte K, DiGiorgio A, and Nagel A
- Annual Hypertension Screen at The Rochester Public Market. Poplavskiy V, Matesic K, Gandhi M, and Nagel A
- Pharmacy student-led evaluation of patient willingness for smoking cessation utilizing various smoking cessation methods. Pena A, Stryker M, Nagel A, and Ahmed-Sarwar N
- Assessment of current methods used to train faculty advisors of professional student organizations. Payne C, Cipriano G, and Nagel A
- Sitagliptin associated Pancreatic Carcinoma: A Review of the FDA AERS Database. Nagel A, Cipriano G, Ahmed-Sarwar N, van Manen R, and Brown J
- Enhancing Ambulatory Care APPEs by Incorporating Patient Centered Medical Home Principles. Ahmed-Sarwar N and Nagel A
- Making a Lasting Impression: Preparing for the All-Important Interview. Sanford M, Fiorini S, Blackley R, Gandhi M, and Nagel A
- Preparing Student Pharmacists now for Interviewing in the Future. Cronlund L, Sanford M, Fiorini S, Nagel A, and Gandhi M
- Synchronizing Basic and Clinical Science Education at Wegmans School of Pharmacy. Nagel A, Parkhill A, Lavigne J, Phillips E, Slish J, Abu-Baker A, Corigliano A, Lowry B, Traina A, Birnie C, Pankaskie M