Rider Receives Pharmacy Society of Rochester Scholarship
Taylor Rider, a P2 student in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, received a $1,000 scholarship from the Pharmacy Society of Rochester (PSR) during the Society’s Gala on February 2 at Ridgemont Country Club.
The Society requires applicants to submit an essay on a different theme each year, and this year’s theme posed the question, “What do you believe is the most important reason to belong to a professional society?” Rider’s essay helped land her the scholarship.
Scholarship recipients must also show strong leadership qualities, be active in both local and state pharmacy societies, and have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Dr. Karl Williams, Associate Professor and Acting Associate Chair, Department of Pharmacy Practice & Administration, is currently serving as the President of PSR.
PSR is an affiliate of the Pharmacists Society of the State of New York and represents the pharmacists of Monroe County and the five surrounding counties including Cayuga, Livingston, Ontario, Seneca, and Yates.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Perales Tapped to Serve as Fisher's Interim VP for Enrollment Management
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala