Rider Receives Pharmacy Society of Rochester Scholarship
Taylor Rider, a P2 student in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, received a $1,000 scholarship from the Pharmacy Society of Rochester (PSR) during the Society’s Gala on February 2 at Ridgemont Country Club.
The Society requires applicants to submit an essay on a different theme each year, and this year’s theme posed the question, “What do you believe is the most important reason to belong to a professional society?” Rider’s essay helped land her the scholarship.
Scholarship recipients must also show strong leadership qualities, be active in both local and state pharmacy societies, and have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Dr. Karl Williams, Associate Professor and Acting Associate Chair, Department of Pharmacy Practice & Administration, is currently serving as the President of PSR.
PSR is an affiliate of the Pharmacists Society of the State of New York and represents the pharmacists of Monroe County and the five surrounding counties including Cayuga, Livingston, Ontario, Seneca, and Yates.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Swigart Posthumously Honored at Rochester Pharmacy Gala
- Pharmacy Students Travel to Pune, India
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2018 Receives White Coats
- Birnie Named Interim Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Wegmans School of Pharmacy Founding Dean, Dr. Scott Swigart
- Brown Honored with Clinical Achievement Award
- Pharmacy Students Create “What is the Flu Virus” Informational Video
- Educational Assessment Effectiveness Team presents at 2014 Assessment Institute, Indianapolis