Rider Receives Pharmacy Society of Rochester Scholarship
Taylor Rider, a P2 student in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, received a $1,000 scholarship from the Pharmacy Society of Rochester (PSR) during the Society’s Gala on February 2 at Ridgemont Country Club.
The Society requires applicants to submit an essay on a different theme each year, and this year’s theme posed the question, “What do you believe is the most important reason to belong to a professional society?” Rider’s essay helped land her the scholarship.
Scholarship recipients must also show strong leadership qualities, be active in both local and state pharmacy societies, and have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Dr. Karl Williams, Associate Professor and Acting Associate Chair, Department of Pharmacy Practice & Administration, is currently serving as the President of PSR.
PSR is an affiliate of the Pharmacists Society of the State of New York and represents the pharmacists of Monroe County and the five surrounding counties including Cayuga, Livingston, Ontario, Seneca, and Yates.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Walgreens Representative Presents Check for Diversity Scholarship
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Hosts Pharmacist Training Session on Medical Marijuana
- Pharmacy Student Wins Poster Competition at International Conference
- White Coat Ceremony Marks Milestone for Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class
- Dave, Zhao Receive Research Grants
- Juba Wins Paper Presentation Competition at Clinical Pharmacy Conference
- Lull and Mathews Present Research at Gay and Lesbian Medical Association Conference
- Dave Appointed to United States Pharmacopeia Committee