Rider Receives Pharmacy Society of Rochester Scholarship
Taylor Rider, a P2 student in the Wegmans School of Pharmacy, received a $1,000 scholarship from the Pharmacy Society of Rochester (PSR) during the Society’s Gala on February 2 at Ridgemont Country Club.
The Society requires applicants to submit an essay on a different theme each year, and this year’s theme posed the question, “What do you believe is the most important reason to belong to a professional society?” Rider’s essay helped land her the scholarship.
Scholarship recipients must also show strong leadership qualities, be active in both local and state pharmacy societies, and have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
Dr. Karl Williams, Associate Professor and Acting Associate Chair, Department of Pharmacy Practice & Administration, is currently serving as the President of PSR.
PSR is an affiliate of the Pharmacists Society of the State of New York and represents the pharmacists of Monroe County and the five surrounding counties including Cayuga, Livingston, Ontario, Seneca, and Yates.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy, Senator Rich Funke, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Launch Safe Medication Disposal Campaign
- Parkhill Honored for Work with 13Thirty Cancer Connect
- National Pharmacy Week Celebrates the Profession
- Pharmacy Profession Celebrated on Good Day Rochester
- Symposium Explores Integrative Medicine for Holistic Care
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Celebrates 10 Years
- Service Trips a Passion for School of Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Students Plan Health Care Fair for Vets
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam