Pharmacy Students, Faculty Mentors Named Recipients of AACP Walmart Scholars Program
Two student—faculty mentor pairs from the Wegmans School of Pharmacy were recently named recipients of the AACP Walmart Scholars Program.
P-3 student Daniel Austin, and his faculty mentor, Dr. Sridhar Anand, Assistant Professor, along with P-3 student Alyssa Pignato, and her faculty mentor, Dr. Christine Birnie, Associate Professor and Chair, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, won the award.
The goal of the national scholarship program is to strengthen the recipient’s skills and commitment to a career in academic pharmacy through their participation at the AACP Annual Meeting. This is the 13th year of the scholarship fund, which will award $1,000 scholarships to up to 85 student-faculty pairs to attend the 2013 AACP Annual Meeting and Teachers Seminar in Chicago, Illinois, July 13-17.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Professor, Student Publish Manuscript in Journal of Pharmacy Practice
- Pharmacy Professor Tapped to Join Monroe County Asthma Advisory Committee
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding, Presents Awards
- Day of Service, Awards Ceremony Cap-Off Academic Year for Pharmacy School
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Swigart Posthumously Honored at Rochester Pharmacy Gala
- Pharmacy Students Travel to Pune, India