Pharmacy Students, Faculty Mentors Named Recipients of AACP Walmart Scholars Program
Two student—faculty mentor pairs from the Wegmans School of Pharmacy were recently named recipients of the AACP Walmart Scholars Program.
P-3 student Daniel Austin, and his faculty mentor, Dr. Sridhar Anand, Assistant Professor, along with P-3 student Alyssa Pignato, and her faculty mentor, Dr. Christine Birnie, Associate Professor and Chair, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, won the award.
The goal of the national scholarship program is to strengthen the recipient’s skills and commitment to a career in academic pharmacy through their participation at the AACP Annual Meeting. This is the 13th year of the scholarship fund, which will award $1,000 scholarships to up to 85 student-faculty pairs to attend the 2013 AACP Annual Meeting and Teachers Seminar in Chicago, Illinois, July 13-17.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy
- Unither Scholars Program Benefits Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students
- Pharmacy School Gives Back during Day of Service
- Student Research Takes Center Stage this Month
- Pharmacy Faculty Collaborate with Bioscience Company on Research Project
- Chablani Published in Pharmaceutical Science Newsmagazine
- Goin’ Bald for Bucks Raises $5K for Youth Cancer Support Programs
- Pharmacy Professor’s Mission: Improve LGBT Patient Care
- Pharmacy Students’ Licensing Exam Pass Rates First in the State
- Faculty Collaboration Nets NIH-Funded Case Study Project