Pharmacy Students, Faculty Mentors Named Recipients of AACP Walmart Scholars Program
Two student—faculty mentor pairs from the Wegmans School of Pharmacy were recently named recipients of the AACP Walmart Scholars Program.
P-3 student Daniel Austin, and his faculty mentor, Dr. Sridhar Anand, Assistant Professor, along with P-3 student Alyssa Pignato, and her faculty mentor, Dr. Christine Birnie, Associate Professor and Chair, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, won the award.
The goal of the national scholarship program is to strengthen the recipient’s skills and commitment to a career in academic pharmacy through their participation at the AACP Annual Meeting. This is the 13th year of the scholarship fund, which will award $1,000 scholarships to up to 85 student-faculty pairs to attend the 2013 AACP Annual Meeting and Teachers Seminar in Chicago, Illinois, July 13-17.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy, Senator Rich Funke, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals Launch Safe Medication Disposal Campaign
- Parkhill Honored for Work with 13Thirty Cancer Connect
- National Pharmacy Week Celebrates the Profession
- Pharmacy Profession Celebrated on Good Day Rochester
- Symposium Explores Integrative Medicine for Holistic Care
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Celebrates 10 Years
- Service Trips a Passion for School of Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Students Plan Health Care Fair for Vets
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation
- Pharmacy Students Earn 100 Percent Pass Rate on New York State Licensing Exam