Pharmacy Students, Faculty Mentors Named Recipients of AACP Walmart Scholars Program
Two student—faculty mentor pairs from the Wegmans School of Pharmacy were recently named recipients of the AACP Walmart Scholars Program.
P-3 student Daniel Austin, and his faculty mentor, Dr. Sridhar Anand, Assistant Professor, along with P-3 student Alyssa Pignato, and her faculty mentor, Dr. Christine Birnie, Associate Professor and Chair, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, won the award.
The goal of the national scholarship program is to strengthen the recipient’s skills and commitment to a career in academic pharmacy through their participation at the AACP Annual Meeting. This is the 13th year of the scholarship fund, which will award $1,000 scholarships to up to 85 student-faculty pairs to attend the 2013 AACP Annual Meeting and Teachers Seminar in Chicago, Illinois, July 13-17.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Pharmacy Professor Fosters Research Partnership with Indian University
- Fisher Receives $410,000 Higher Ed Capital Funding for Science Building
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Walgreens Representative Presents Check for Diversity Scholarship
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Hosts Pharmacist Training Session on Medical Marijuana
- Pharmacy Student Wins Poster Competition at International Conference
- White Coat Ceremony Marks Milestone for Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class
- Dave, Zhao Receive Research Grants
- Juba Wins Paper Presentation Competition at Clinical Pharmacy Conference