Pharmacy Residency Programs Receive Accreditation
Two residency programs from the Wegmans School of Pharmacy have received accreditation from the American Society of Health System Pharmacists.
“Obtaining these accreditations is an achievement on the part of our faculty, our students, and our partners at St. Joseph’s and Upstate,” said Dr. Scott Swigart, Dean, Wegmans School of Pharmacy.
Both programs are collaborations with Syracuse-area hospitals. Dr. Lisa Avery, Associate Professor, oversees the Postgraduate Year One (PGY1) Pharmacy Residency Program at St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center. And Dr. Lisa Phillips, Associate Professor, oversees the Postgraduate Year Two (PGY2) Ambulatory Pharmacy Residency Program at Upstate University Hospital.
The programs received the full six years of accreditation.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Pharmacy Professor Fosters Research Partnership with Indian University
- Fisher Receives $410,000 Higher Ed Capital Funding for Science Building
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Walgreens Representative Presents Check for Diversity Scholarship
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Hosts Pharmacist Training Session on Medical Marijuana
- Pharmacy Student Wins Poster Competition at International Conference
- White Coat Ceremony Marks Milestone for Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class
- Dave, Zhao Receive Research Grants
- Juba Wins Paper Presentation Competition at Clinical Pharmacy Conference