School of Pharmacy Hosts Career Fair, Students Interview
The Wegmans School of Pharmacy hosted the annual career fair for all students on Tuesday, October 16, featuring 15 companies actively recruiting new pharmacists for open positions.
Companies including CVS, Rite Aid, Target, Walgreens, Walmart, and Wegmans, along with hospitals including the University of Rochester Medical Center, Crouse Hospital, and St. Joseph’s Hospital, were on hand meeting with all students during the morning informational session. In the afternoon, the companies and hospitals scheduled interviews with current P4 students for employment after graduation.
P4 student Alex Danforth attended an interview preparatory session held by the school beforehand, and polished up her résumé. That afternoon, she interviewed with three companies, and says she expects to hear something from them in the next three-four weeks.
Danforth said she felt that the event benefits both the students and the companies.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Phillips Installed as President of Regional Health-Systems Pharmacist Council
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Pilot Program Leads to Successful Residency Matches
- Ahead of the Class: Pharm.D. Grad Qualifies for Second Year Residency, Board Certification
- P4 Students Engage in International Clinical Rotations
- Health Fair Delivers Medical Care to Refugees in Rochester
- School of Pharmacy Holds Hooding Ceremony
- Professor Shares Clinical Pharmacy Best Practices with India University
- Pharmacy Students Participate in Albany Legislative Day
- Awards Recognize Excellence within the School of Pharmacy
- Unither Scholars Program Benefits Wegmans School of Pharmacy Students