School of Pharmacy Hosts Career Fair, Students Interview
The Wegmans School of Pharmacy hosted the annual career fair for all students on Tuesday, October 16, featuring 15 companies actively recruiting new pharmacists for open positions.
Companies including CVS, Rite Aid, Target, Walgreens, Walmart, and Wegmans, along with hospitals including the University of Rochester Medical Center, Crouse Hospital, and St. Joseph’s Hospital, were on hand meeting with all students during the morning informational session. In the afternoon, the companies and hospitals scheduled interviews with current P4 students for employment after graduation.
P4 student Alex Danforth attended an interview preparatory session held by the school beforehand, and polished up her résumé. That afternoon, she interviewed with three companies, and says she expects to hear something from them in the next three-four weeks.
Danforth said she felt that the event benefits both the students and the companies.
Latest Pharmacy News
- Fisher Receives $410,000 Higher Ed Capital Funding for Science Building
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Pharmacy Students Place in Top 10 at National Clinical Skills Competition
- Walgreens Representative Presents Check for Diversity Scholarship
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Hosts Pharmacist Training Session on Medical Marijuana
- Pharmacy Student Wins Poster Competition at International Conference
- White Coat Ceremony Marks Milestone for Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class
- Dave, Zhao Receive Research Grants
- Juba Wins Paper Presentation Competition at Clinical Pharmacy Conference
- Lull and Mathews Present Research at Gay and Lesbian Medical Association Conference