Student Resources for Service-Learning
Service projects are embedded in academic courses, can be found in multiple disciplines, and are available to all students.
Learn More About Service-Learning
Documents for Students
- Student Agreement and Permission Form [pdf]
- Service-Learning Project Resource Funds Application
PRF Instructions and Sample Application [pdf]
- Civic Engagement Grant Application
Grant Instructions and Sample Application [pdf]
- Service-Learning Brochure [pdf]
- Service-Learning: Turning Ideas into Action [pdf]
- Introduction to Service Learning Video Presentation
- Understanding Rochester [pdf]
- Cultural Competence Presentation [pdf]
- Seuss to Success Student Guide Manual [pdf]
What Fisher Students Say About Service-Learning
"I was able to communicate with many different people that I have never had the chance to interact with."
"This wasn't just a project to get a grade like in other classes. It was a real-life project that will hopefully have a positive impact."
"It added meaning and awareness to the course and my life. My eyes were opened to a lot of things I have never seen before."
"I found that the issues we discuss in class are real-life issues."
Visit our Service-Learning Showcase site to see what we've been up to!
Student Spotlight on Service-Learning
Service learning has taught me that communication is the key to making any organization/group/club/company work efficiently. Throughout my service learning class I had the chance to organize and plan with my on-site connections to ensure all aspects of my project were in order and completed within a specified timeframe, just like in the real world.
The kids I worked with were so eager to get to know me and to let me help them, all the while they were really helping me a lot more than they will ever know.
I hope that service learning courses begin to grow at St. John Fisher.