International Student Application Information
St. John Fisher College welcomes applications from qualified international students for study. All applicants must submit a fully-completed application and certified copies of any required documents.
Freshman applicants for undergraduate study must submit the following:
- St. John Fisher College's Application for Admission (apply online). The application must be signed and dated and all required information must accompany the application when it is submitted.
- Original or notarized copies of academic records from all secondary (high school) schools attended. If any of the student’s high school years were completed outside of the United States, those transcripts must be submitted through World Education Services for evaluation. Please visit the World Education Services website for further instructions.
- SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) or ACT (American College Testing) test scores.
- Find SAT test dates and registration deadlines for international students.
- View a list of SAT international representation offices.
- View a list of ACT international testing dates and centers.
- Please Note: At this time, St. John Fisher does not consider the writing scores on either test in our admissions process. St. John Fisher College does not require any SAT II subject tests.
- Results of Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) if a student's first language is not English. The minimum acceptable score on the TOEFL is 550 on the paper-based exam, a 213 on the computer-based exam, or a 79-80 on the internet-based exam for undergraduate study.
- Our school code for the TOEFL exam is 2798.
- A guidance counselor recommendation letter [pdf].
- A 250-word minimum personal statement or essay on a topic of the applicant's choice.
Once the items above have been received, an admissions decision can be made.
Additional items required for accepted international applicants:
- Accepted international applicants must submit a non-refundable enrollment deposit of US $300 payable to St. John Fisher College.
- Accepted international applicants must complete and submit the New International Student I-20 Application [pdf] and the Statement of Financial Support/Certificate of Finances [pdf] documents certifying availability of adequate financial resources to cover a minimum of one year's financial expenses, which include tuition, room & board, fees, books, and miscellaneous expenses.
- The documentation submission deadline for international applicants for fall admission is June 1, unless currently in the U.S. in valid F-1 student status. Details and important timeline considerations for international applicants are available on the International Student Services site.