International Student Application Information
St. John Fisher College welcomes applications from qualified international students for study. All applicants must submit a fully-completed application and certified copies of any required documents.
Freshman applicants for undergraduate study must submit the following:
- St. John Fisher College's Application for Admission (apply online). The application must be signed and dated and all required information must accompany the application when it is submitted.
- Our application can also be downloaded in PDF Format.
- A non-refundable application fee of US $30 payable to St. John Fisher College.
- Original or notarized copies of academic records from all secondary (high school) schools attended. If the transcript is not in English, it must include a translation and comprehensive course-by-course evaluation from an approved international transcript evaluation service such as the World Education Services.
- SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) or ACT (American College Testing) test scores.
- Find SAT test dates and registration deadlines for international students.
- View a list of SAT international representation offices.
- View a list of ACT international testing dates and centers.
- Please Note: At this time, St. John Fisher does not consider the writing scores on either test in our admissions process. St. John Fisher College does not require any SAT II subject tests.
- Results of Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) if a student's first language is not English. The minimum acceptable score on the TOEFL is 550 on the paper-based exam, a 213 on the computer-based exam, or a 79-80 on the internet-based exam for undergraduate study.
- Our school code for the TOEFL exam is 2798.
- A guidance counselor recommendation letter [pdf].
- A 250-word minimum personal statement or essay on a topic of the applicant's choice.
Once the items above have been received, an admissions decision can be made.
Additional items required for accepted international applicants:
- Accepted international applicants must submit a non-refundable enrollment deposit of US $300 payable to St. John Fisher College.
- Accepted international applicants must complete and submit the New International Student I-20 Application [pdf] and the Statement of Financial Support/Certificate of Finances [pdf] documents certifying availability of adequate financial resources to cover a minimum of one year's financial expenses, which include tuition, room & board, fees, books, and miscellaneous expenses.
- The documentation submission deadline for international applicants for fall admission is June 1, unless currently in the U.S. in valid F-1 student status. Details and important timeline considerations for international applicants are available on the International Student Services site.