12th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
On Friday, April 5, over 375 students, faculty, staff, and community members rallied and relayed in the 12th Annual Relay for Life at St. John Fisher College. The College’s student organization, “Colleges Against Cancer” (CAC), along with Nazareth College and the American Cancer Society (ACS), hosted the inspirational 12-hour event to celebrate and honor all those who have been affected by cancer.
The event raised an astounding $30,305 – beating last year’s total by nearly $10,000. All proceeds will benefit the American Cancer Society.
Event co-chairs Amanda Cammarano and Dusty Baker kicked off the event by welcoming the participants and thanking them for their dedication to both the event and the cause. Dr. Donald Bain, President of the College, applauded the students for their efforts before the event began.
Remarks during the three ceremonies were delivered by Fisher student Ashley Bedard, Nazareth student Morgan Bauer, and Dr. Melissa Ghera, Assistant Professor of Psychology.
The Fisher Players team.
Survivors take the first Survivor Lap.
Participants take a quiet lap during the Luminaria Ceremony remembering those who have lost their battle.
Latest Campus Happenings
- College to Host Annual Day of Celebration
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Family Weekend Attracts 135 Fisher Families
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Tran Named 3rd Farash Scholar at Fisher
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- College Bound Program Holds Graduation Ceremony
- Fisher Team Makes a Difference at 2014 Jamaican Sports Camp for Disadvantaged Youth
- St. John Fisher College School of Education Receives $7,500 Grant from Bank of America
- Fisher Says Farewell to the Class of 2014
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- New Scholarship Available for Accepted Students
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance to Honor Memory of Young Camper
- Fisher Student-Athletes Take Part in Annual Winter Walk
- Teddi Committee Hosts “Very Beary Brunch”
- Empire 8 President’s List Includes 104 Fisher Student-Athletes
- School of Nursing Purchases Gift for Kenyan School
- Salerno Guest Lectures In…Salerno