Community Benefits from 2013 Project Community Convergence
As the semester winds down and the pressure of finals week starts to creep closer, nearly 140 St. John Fisher College students decided to roll up their sleeves to volunteer for the 2013 Project Community Convergence (PCC), led by Students With A Vision (SWAV).
On Saturday, April 13, and Saturday, April 20, the students spent their days in five Rochester City Schools providing them with a makeover. Schools No. 2, 7, 10, 34, and Monroe High School were the lucky recipients of these efforts. At Monroe and School No. 2, the group organized classrooms and closets. And Schools No. 7, 10, and 34 received freshly painted classrooms. In addition, the volunteers stationed at School No. 34 spread mulch and cleaned up the grass around the school during the first weekend.
Brandie Rice, one of the co-coordinators of the event, has been working with the committee since the beginning of the school year to prepare and finalize all of the details leading up to PCC.
“I volunteered last year for PCC and loved being able to help the Rochester community, especially in the schools. I am an education major, which is why I was inspired to help plan and coordinate the event,” said Rice. “This entire event depends on the volunteers who willingly give their time to the Rochester community and we had very flexible and cooperative volunteers!”
Additional event support was provided by the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs, Resident Student Association, Commuter Council, Student Government Association, and the Teacher Education Student Association.
Latest Campus Happenings
- College to Host Annual Day of Celebration
- Student Athletes “Scare Away Brain Cancer” in Honor of Teammate
- Family Weekend Attracts 135 Fisher Families
- Family Weekend 2014 Kicks Off on Halloween
- Tran Named 3rd Farash Scholar at Fisher
- Students Look to Get Involved at Fall Involvement Fest
- St. John Fisher College Recognized on List of America’s Best Colleges 2015
- College Bound Program Holds Graduation Ceremony
- Fisher Team Makes a Difference at 2014 Jamaican Sports Camp for Disadvantaged Youth
- St. John Fisher College School of Education Receives $7,500 Grant from Bank of America
- Fisher Says Farewell to the Class of 2014
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- New Scholarship Available for Accepted Students
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance to Honor Memory of Young Camper
- Fisher Student-Athletes Take Part in Annual Winter Walk
- Teddi Committee Hosts “Very Beary Brunch”
- Empire 8 President’s List Includes 104 Fisher Student-Athletes
- School of Nursing Purchases Gift for Kenyan School
- Salerno Guest Lectures In…Salerno