Fisher Football Marches on in NCAAs in Texas
Nationally-ranked St. John Fisher College advanced to the quarterfinals of the NCAA Division III Football Championship with a convincing 27-6 win at previously unbeaten Hobart College on Saturday.
With the win, Fisher improves to 10-2 overall, marking the fifth time in the last 10 years the Cardinals have reached double-digits in the win column. It is the fourth consecutive time Fisher has advanced to the Elite 8 (2006, 2007, and 2011) in NCAA action. The victory also marks the second consecutive week Fisher has knocked off a top 10 team. Fisher, ranked 25th in the final regular season D3football.com poll, beat No. 8 Hobart this week after rallying last week from a 13-0 deficit to win 25-16 at No. 9 John Carroll University.
Fisher will travel to Belton, Texas, to face the No. 3 Mary Hardin-Baylor Crusaders (12-0) in the NCAA Division III Football Championship quarterfinals. Kickoff is scheduled for Saturday, December 7, at 12 p.m. CST (1 p.m. EST).
Latest Campus Happenings
- College Bound Program Holds Graduation Ceremony
- Fisher Team Makes a Difference at 2014 Jamaican Sports Camp for Disadvantaged Youth
- St. John Fisher College School of Education Receives $7,500 Grant from Bank of America
- Fisher Says Farewell to the Class of 2014
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- New Scholarship Available for Accepted Students
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance to Honor Memory of Young Camper
- Fisher Student-Athletes Take Part in Annual Winter Walk
- Teddi Committee Hosts “Very Beary Brunch”
- Empire 8 President’s List Includes 104 Fisher Student-Athletes
- School of Nursing Purchases Gift for Kenyan School
- Salerno Guest Lectures In…Salerno
- From the Big Screen to Fisher: Media and Communication Adds Local Filmmaker to Adjunct Roster
- The Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2017 Receives White Coats in Weekend Ceremony
- St. John Fisher College Maintains Prestigious AACSB Business Accreditation
- Nursing Seniors Return from Clinical Rotation in Peru