Marketing Club Prepares for the Annual AMA Marketing Week
The St. John Fisher College Chapter of the American Marketing Association (AMA) will host a weeklong celebration in honor of the AMA from October 7-11. “Marketing Week” gives the collegiate chapter a chance to connect like-minded marketing individuals and provide numerous networking opportunities to the student members.
The week will kick off on October 7 with Carrie Falzone, a representative from Insite Media, who will discuss the importance of Digital Media at 11:00 a.m. At 5:30 p.m., Nathan Evers from Northwestern Mutual who will host a Sales and Career Exploration event showcasing different jobs in the marketing field and how each one can best suit a chosen career path.
On Tuesday, October 8, at 12:30 p.m., Butler/Till will present “The Agency Life” panel, including Michael Deichmiller, Senior Account Executive; Keith Betz, Account Director; Peter Infante, President; Amanda DeVito, Director of Strategy & Innovation; Mike DiCaprio, Account Director; Alex Weiser, Multi-Media Producer; and Nicole Henry, Assistant Account Executive. On Tuesday evening at 6:00 p.m., Jen Eckl from The Verdi Group will present an Integrated Marketing Communications seminar.
Wednesday’s event will focus on the importance of leadership in a lecture provided by Fisher Professor Derek Vanderlinde at 11:00 a.m., followed by an AMA-sponsored networking event at Tap & Table later that evening. This opportunity allows students to connect with marketing professionals from the Rochester community.
Alan Sartain, Business Coach, will instruct students on career growth and management tips on Thursday afternoon at 12:30 p.m., followed by an evening presentation at 6:00 p.m. from Pete Borelli of Crazy Dog T-Shirts, promoting the importance of entrepreneurship.
On Friday evening, members of Fisher’s AMA chapter were also invited to attend a 3:00 p.m. seminar at RIT featuring the hit reality television series Shark Tank judge, Daymond John. John will talk about entrepreneurship.
Throughout the week, the Fisher AMA chapter will be promoting the events using their Instagram and Twitter accounts, and they are asking students to post pictures and quotes from the various events they attend. There is also a scavenger hunt planned, which will give students the opportunity to explore the new Victor E. Salerno Center for American Enterprise.
In addition, members of the Fisher chapter will be selling raffle tickets, offering students a chance to win dinner at The Cheesecake Factory with Dr. David Martin, Dean of the Business School, and Dr. Ray Shady, Professor of Marketing.
Two of the chapter’s student representatives, Alison Taylor and Ryan Bilak, said they are excited for such robust events that lend the opportunity for their peers to network with multiple marketing professionals.
All “Marketing Week” events will take place in the Golisano Gateway Midlevel.
Latest Campus Happenings
- College Bound Program Holds Graduation Ceremony
- Fisher Team Makes a Difference at 2014 Jamaican Sports Camp for Disadvantaged Youth
- St. John Fisher College School of Education Receives $7,500 Grant from Bank of America
- Fisher Says Farewell to the Class of 2014
- 13th Annual Relay for Life Raises Over $30,000
- New Scholarship Available for Accepted Students
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance for Love Raises Spirits and $63,614
- 32nd Annual Teddi Dance to Honor Memory of Young Camper
- Fisher Student-Athletes Take Part in Annual Winter Walk
- Teddi Committee Hosts “Very Beary Brunch”
- Empire 8 President’s List Includes 104 Fisher Student-Athletes
- School of Nursing Purchases Gift for Kenyan School
- Salerno Guest Lectures In…Salerno
- From the Big Screen to Fisher: Media and Communication Adds Local Filmmaker to Adjunct Roster
- The Wegmans School of Pharmacy Class of 2017 Receives White Coats in Weekend Ceremony
- St. John Fisher College Maintains Prestigious AACSB Business Accreditation
- Nursing Seniors Return from Clinical Rotation in Peru