M.S. in Adolescence Education/Special Education
The M.S. in Adolescence Education/Special Education Program is designed for candidates who have a bachelor's degree and who seek dual initial certification in Special Education and one of the following fields for grades 7-12.
- Social Studies
Note: If you are interested in being certified to teach math or science (Biology, Chemistry, Math, or Physics), please refer to our M.S. in Mathematics/Science/Technology Education program.
The Ralph C. Wilson, Jr. School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- 42 credit hour program
- Completed in 5 semesters (21 months)
- Structured around working professionals
- Classes meet Friday evenings/Saturdays (every other weekend) and one evening per week
- Starts in fall semester only
- Applicants are encouraged to meet with an admissions counselor to have a transcript evaluation done to review undergraduate credit for NY State Certification
General Application Requirements
- Completed Online Application or Application Form [pdf]
- Application fee
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work (if applicable)
- Two Letters of Recommendation [pdf] Note: You can now submit recommendation letters online. Please refer to the Online Application for instructions.
- Current résumé
- Personal statement
- Results of the TOEFL (if native language is not English)
- Graduate Transfer Credit Request Form [pdf] and supporting documents (if applicable)