Application Instructions for International Transfer Students
St. John Fisher College operates on a rolling admission plan. Applications are reviewed as they are received. A transfer application is complete once we have received:
- A completed application and $30 application fee. Apply online or fill out the Transfer Application [pdf]
- Official transcripts from all previously attended institutions. Course by course credit evaluation must be provided for college transcripts from an approved international transcript evaluation service such as World Education Services.
- Results of Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) if a student's first language is not English. The minimum acceptable score on the TOEFL is 550 on the paper-based exam, a 213 on the computer-based exam, or an 80 on the internet-based exam for undergraduate study. Note: Foreign students who have received their associate degrees from institutions in the United States are exempt from the TOEFL.
- Official high school transcripts for students who have completed less than 24 credit hours at the college level. If the transcript is not in English, it must include a translation and comprehensive course-by-course evaluation from an approved international transcript evaluation service such as the World Education Services.
Additional items required for Accepted International Applicants:
- Accepted international applicants must submit a non-refundable enrollment deposit of US $300 payable to St. John Fisher College.
- Accepted international applicants must complete and submit the New International Student I-20 Application [pdf] and the Statement of Financial Support/Certificate of Finances [pdf] documents certifying availability of adequate financial resources to cover a minimum of one year's financial expenses, which include tuition, room & board, fees, books, and miscellaneous expenses. Upon acceptance, international applicants will receive additional information regarding these specific documentation requirements.
- The documentation submission deadline for international applicants is June 1 for fall admission (classes begin in September) and August 1 for spring admission (classes begin in January), unless currently in the U.S. in valid F-1 student status. Details and important timeline considerations for international applicants are available on the International Student Services site.