Alumni Board of Directors
Alumni Board Members
Nicole VanGorder '11, Chair of the Board
Chief Operating Officer
Upstate Special Needs Planning
Dave Brown '85
Dr. Mike Butler '80
Principal, Parker Butler LLC
Dan Dixon ’10
Nate Driscoll '06
Olivia Gosdeck ’14
Jenalee Herb '05
Licensed Salesperson, Nothnagle Realtors
Christina Juliano '04
David Kolczynski, MBA '94
James Locker '00
IT Operations Project Lead, Enterprise Support, Paychex, Inc.
Dr. Laura Markwick ’06
Dr. Ulises Miranda III '14
U.S. Army JROTC Instructor, Rochester City School District
Dr. Lesli Myers '01 (MS), '08 (Ed.D.)
Superintendent, Brockport Central School District
Dr. Mark Parsons '09
Jason Polasek '09
Director, Distribution & Manufacturing Accounting, Wegmans Food Markets
Kara Ricotta '04
eRecruitment Advisor, SUNY Brockport
Kelly Vanhaneghan '97
Franz Wright '10
Nomination to the Alumni Board of Directors
If you are interested in nominating yourself, or someone else, for an upcoming Board position, contact the Alumni office at email@example.com.
The Board of Directors acts as the main policy formulating body for the entire St. John Fisher College Alumni Association. It is composed of alumni, elected by the current members, for a term of three years. Board members are elected annually, with terms commencing June 1 of each year.
Meetings: An initial meeting is scheduled in June of each year for executive committee elections. Meetings will be determined by a consensus of the Board and a schedule for the upcoming fiscal year will be set so that Board members can plan accordingly. Members are required to attend every meeting of the Alumni Board of Directors.
Volunteer Identification: A major focus of the Alumni Board has been to assist the College in the identification and recruitment of alumni and other individuals for College committees and programs. It is expected that Board members will carry on in that role. Also, Board members will be required to join at least one sub-committee in order to ensure active participation among all Board members. The formation of sub-committees will be determined at our initial meeting of the Board in June.
The Alumni Association Board of Directors has an important responsibility for the College. We owe it to ourselves and to the College to be certain of our commitment as individuals.
Purposes of the Alumni Association:
- To promote the ideals and interests of the College and its Alumni
- To act as a liaison between the College and its Alumni
- To serve as an advisory body on major issues and decisions affecting the College
- To endeavor to attract qualified persons to attend the College
- To assist in raising funds for the College
Each Board member has an individual responsibility:
- To attend ALL Board and sub-committee (that individual members are a part of) meetings.
- To view Fisher as a primary beneficiary of volunteer activities and charitable contributions.
- To become knowledgeable about the College in its entirety.
- To support fundraising efforts through personal giving in accordance with one's means.
- To vote according to one's individual convictions, to challenge the judgment of others when necessary, yet to be willing to support the majority decision of the Board and work with fellow members in the spirit of cooperation.
- To understand the role of the Board as an advisory body, to avoid participation in the administration of policy, and to use designated institutional channels when conducting Board business.
- To be available for consultation with other Board members and to the Administration, Faculty, and Staff of the College, especially in our individual areas of expertise.
- To use influence and contacts to aid Fisher in its efforts to secure favorable public exposure and corporate, foundation, and individual gifts.