Golf Tourney Raises Money for Scholarship Fund
The Griffin, Dorsey, Litterine Memorial Scholarship Fund was established in 2010 to honor the lives of three Fisher students from the 1970s who met untimely deaths early in life. In the summer of 1972, between his junior and senior year at Fisher, Joe Griffin died trying to help victims of the Hurricane Agnes floods. Jimmy Dorsey ’73 was killed in the early 1980s, and John Litterine ’76 died of cancer in 1987.
A group of friends and classmates from the graduating classes of 1972-75 held their inaugural reunion in August 2010 to raise money for the scholarship fund. On June 22 of this year, the group held a golf tournament here in Rochester to raise additional monies. Over 100 people participated in the event, organized by Bob Moline ’68 of the Advancement Office, to honor their former classmates. Thirty-six of the attendees, many of whom had not been back to campus since graduation, came from places as far away as Dallas; Orlando; Atlanta; Denver; New York; Washington, D.C.; Boston; and Virginia. To date, the group has raised over $80,000 for the scholarship fund.
Stay connected with the Fisher community! Update your contact information to hear about upcoming alumni events, news, and more!
Latest Alumni News
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- Bain Stops in Philadelphia for Farewell Tour
- Alumni Tour Campus with Mrs. Bain
- Jeffrey Holbrook ’88 Honored as Sport Manager of the Year
- April First Friday Lecture Explores Italian American Identity
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Club Hockey Team Wins National Collegiate Hockey Association National Tournament
- Fisher Advances to the Sweet 16
- 2015 Lobene Lecture to Feature Best-Selling Author Dr. Sherry Turkle March 23