Seven Alumni Inducted into Athletics Hall of Fame
Seven alumni were inducted into the St. John Fisher College Athletics Hall of Fame on Saturday, November 9. The event took place at the Woodcliff Hotel and Spa in Fairport.
The inductees included basketball standouts Matt Comerford ’00 and Melissa Sewruk ’00, who both scored over 1,000 points and led their teams to five NCAA Championship appearances; softball's Amanda Kent ’03, a four-time All-Region selection and the College's all-time leader in runs scored; Lisa Havas ’03, an Academic All-American who became the first women's lacrosse player to tally 100 goals; Gerald Dias ’03, an All-American safety on the football team, who racked up nearly 300 tackles; and Greg Roland ’04 and Jason Meyers ’05, the quarterback and running back duo who combined for over 10,000 yards of total offense and nearly 100 touchdowns. They joined 65 other former athletes, coaches, and contributors already admitted into the Hall of Fame.
"It was a wonderful event and great to see so many of our former student-athletes," said Bob Ward, Fisher’s Director of Athletics since 1987. "These seven individuals were instrumental in helping build our entire athletic program and have created the winning traditions we have today."
Stay connected with the Fisher community! Update your contact information to hear about upcoming alumni events, news, and more!
Latest Alumni News
- 2010 Grad Named Assistant Coach for NBA Development League Team
- Ed.D. Grad’s Work with Roc Hub Featured in D&C
- Fisher Announces Athletic Hall of Fame Induction Class
- Fisher Grad a Woman to Watch
- Fisher Alumnus Publishes Memoir
- Fisher at Fringe: Faculty, Staff, Students Participate in Annual Festival
- First Friday Lecture Explores Friendship of St. Thomas More, St. John Fisher
- Women in Leadership Topic of Second Alumnae Luncheon
- Fisher Alumnus Tapped as Dean of Undergraduate Admissions at George Washington University
- Nursing Alumna Given Future Nurse Leader Award