Seven Alumni Inducted into Athletics Hall of Fame
Seven alumni were inducted into the St. John Fisher College Athletics Hall of Fame on Saturday, November 9. The event took place at the Woodcliff Hotel and Spa in Fairport.
The inductees included basketball standouts Matt Comerford ’00 and Melissa Sewruk ’00, who both scored over 1,000 points and led their teams to five NCAA Championship appearances; softball's Amanda Kent ’03, a four-time All-Region selection and the College's all-time leader in runs scored; Lisa Havas ’03, an Academic All-American who became the first women's lacrosse player to tally 100 goals; Gerald Dias ’03, an All-American safety on the football team, who racked up nearly 300 tackles; and Greg Roland ’04 and Jason Meyers ’05, the quarterback and running back duo who combined for over 10,000 yards of total offense and nearly 100 touchdowns. They joined 65 other former athletes, coaches, and contributors already admitted into the Hall of Fame.
"It was a wonderful event and great to see so many of our former student-athletes," said Bob Ward, Fisher’s Director of Athletics since 1987. "These seven individuals were instrumental in helping build our entire athletic program and have created the winning traditions we have today."
Stay connected with the Fisher community! Update your contact information to hear about upcoming alumni events, news, and more!
Latest Alumni News
- Bain Stops in Philadelphia for Farewell Tour
- Alumni Tour Campus with Mrs. Bain
- Jeffrey Holbrook ’88 Honored as Sport Manager of the Year
- April First Friday Lecture Explores Italian American Identity
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year
- St. John Fisher College Names 7th President
- Club Hockey Team Wins National Collegiate Hockey Association National Tournament
- Fisher Advances to the Sweet 16
- 2015 Lobene Lecture to Feature Best-Selling Author Dr. Sherry Turkle March 23
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine