Seven Alumni Inducted into Athletics Hall of Fame
Seven alumni were inducted into the St. John Fisher College Athletics Hall of Fame on Saturday, November 9. The event took place at the Woodcliff Hotel and Spa in Fairport.
The inductees included basketball standouts Matt Comerford ’00 and Melissa Sewruk ’00, who both scored over 1,000 points and led their teams to five NCAA Championship appearances; softball's Amanda Kent ’03, a four-time All-Region selection and the College's all-time leader in runs scored; Lisa Havas ’03, an Academic All-American who became the first women's lacrosse player to tally 100 goals; Gerald Dias ’03, an All-American safety on the football team, who racked up nearly 300 tackles; and Greg Roland ’04 and Jason Meyers ’05, the quarterback and running back duo who combined for over 10,000 yards of total offense and nearly 100 touchdowns. They joined 65 other former athletes, coaches, and contributors already admitted into the Hall of Fame.
"It was a wonderful event and great to see so many of our former student-athletes," said Bob Ward, Fisher’s Director of Athletics since 1987. "These seven individuals were instrumental in helping build our entire athletic program and have created the winning traditions we have today."
Stay connected with the Fisher community! Update your contact information to hear about upcoming alumni events, news, and more!
Latest Alumni News
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Fisher Unveils Statue in Memory of Alumnus Thomas Way ’66 on Veteran’s Day
- Natural Landscapes Subject of New Exhibit at Fisher’s Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Eight Inducted into Athletics Hall of Fame
- Rosica, Smith Meet with Pope Francis
- Annual Giving Campaign Kicks Off with Luncheon
- Rochester Radio Show Comes to Fisher during November First Friday Lecture