April First Friday to Focus on 50 Years of Great TV Moments
Dr. Todd Sodano, Assistant Professor in the Media and Communication Department, will serve as the guest lecturer for the April First Friday lecture when he presents, “Beatles to Breaking Bad: 50 Years of Great TV Moments,” on Friday, April 4. The lecture will take place in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center at 10:00 a.m., and will include a 9:00 a.m. mass, followed by breakfast.
Sodano teaches classes in television history, video production, and media studies. Last spring, his students created an original, 46-minute dramatic film. This year, his television production class is producing an original comedy series. His research examines current trends in television programming from cultural, industrial, and technological perspectives. Originally from Fort Lee, New Jersey, Todd earned his bachelor's degree from Cornell University, and his master's and doctorate from Syracuse University. An HBO fanatic, he wrote his dissertation on The Wire and once appeared as an extra on The Sopranos.
The First Friday Lecture Series is designed for individuals who are interested in hearing learned perspectives on a variety of topics from members of the St. John Fisher College community.
Parking is available in Lot A and C near the Welcome Center. For more information about the series or to register for the lecture, please call (585) 385-7350 or email email@example.com.
Stay connected with the Fisher community! Update your contact information to hear about upcoming alumni events, news, and more!
Latest Alumni News
- Oral History Project Shares Memories, Reflections from Pioneer Class
- October First Friday Lecture Explores Evolving Nature of Science Education
- A Look Back at Alumni Weekend
- Accounting Alumni Society Honors John “Jack” Murphy ’55 with Lifetime Achievement Award
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Justinian Order Honors President Bain during Luncheon
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family