April First Friday to Focus on 50 Years of Great TV Moments
Dr. Todd Sodano, Assistant Professor in the Media and Communication Department, will serve as the guest lecturer for the April First Friday lecture when he presents, “Beatles to Breaking Bad: 50 Years of Great TV Moments,” on Friday, April 4. The lecture will take place in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center at 10:00 a.m., and will include a 9:00 a.m. mass, followed by breakfast.
Sodano teaches classes in television history, video production, and media studies. Last spring, his students created an original, 46-minute dramatic film. This year, his television production class is producing an original comedy series. His research examines current trends in television programming from cultural, industrial, and technological perspectives. Originally from Fort Lee, New Jersey, Todd earned his bachelor's degree from Cornell University, and his master's and doctorate from Syracuse University. An HBO fanatic, he wrote his dissertation on The Wire and once appeared as an extra on The Sopranos.
The First Friday Lecture Series is designed for individuals who are interested in hearing learned perspectives on a variety of topics from members of the St. John Fisher College community.
Parking is available in Lot A and C near the Welcome Center. For more information about the series or to register for the lecture, please call (585) 385-7350 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay connected with the Fisher community! Update your contact information to hear about upcoming alumni events, news, and more!
Latest Alumni News
- 2015 Lobene Lecture to Feature Best-Selling Author Dr. Sherry Turkle March 23
- 2013 Alumnus Publishes Article in U.S. Naval Institute Magazine
- March First Friday Lecture Focus is European Influence in Rochester
- Fisher to Participate in 2015 “If All of Rochester Reads the Same Book” Program
- Lavery Library to Host Traveling Lincoln Exhibition
- Alumna Releases Romance Novel
- Alumna Named President of Roberts Communications
- St. John Fisher College’s 12th Justinian Medal Presented to Michael R. Law, Esq. ’69
- Bain Starts Farewell Tour, Visiting Alumni Across Country
- Carhart ’12 and Harney ’13 Produce “UFO” Music Video