“Hope” Exhibit Debuts in Welcome Center Gallery
Beginning on August 20, the St. John Fisher College Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery in the Welcome Center will host an art exhibit titled, “Hope: the Art of Pat Costigan.” The free exhibit is open to the public, and will run from August 20-September 21.
Costigan has lived in Rochester for the last 22 years and considers herself a lifelong artist. The exhibit is composed of abstract paintings, pastels, and innerscapes. While preparing for her exhibit, she wanted to explore the commonalities in faith beliefs, researching the similarities rather than differences.
During her travels, she asked acquaintances, friends, and people on the street one question: "What gives you hope?" According to Costigan, there were many surprising and similar answers, but the most common were: “people in my family,” “children,” and “nature.”
Costigan was driven by these inspirations, and her paintings are intended to reinvigorate a greater desire to hope and broaden our universal sense of hope.
Gallery hours are 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and 9:00 a.m. to noon on Friday. For more information, please contact Calista Amering at email@example.com or 585-385-7322.
Stay connected with the Fisher community! Update your contact information to hear about upcoming alumni events, news, and more!
Latest Alumni News
- Are You Ready for Some Football? (And VIP Treatment?)
- Calling All Alumni Nominations!
- Where Are You Now?
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- Alumnae Receive Top Honors at Local Public Relations Industry Awards
- Alumnus Honored by American Medical Association Foundation
- Alumnus Honors Two Basilian Fathers Through Classroom Dedication
- Scholarship Golf Tournament Celebrates 25 Years, Raises $125,000
- Saunders ’93 Honored by New York State Bar Association
- District Attorney Sandra Doorley Serves as Guest Speaker at 13th Annual Justinian Luncheon