Alumni Honored at 2013 ETHIE Awards
Martin Palumbos ’69 and Ray Martino ’71 were recently honored at the 11th Annual ETHIE Awards, presented by the Rochester Area Business Ethics Foundation (RABEF) on September 17.
During the luncheon, RABEF announced the Martin Palumbos Rochester Area Business Ethics Foundation Scholarship which will be given annually to a Fisher student. The scholarship was named after Palumbos in honor of his retirement from the board of directors and in celebration of his 11 years of dedication and service to the organization as co-founder and longtime committee chair. Palumbos was instrumental in starting RABEF more than 11 years ago with co-founder Alan Ziegler. A respected financial planning professional, he is a partner in the firm PS&E Plan to Prosper.
Martino’s public relations and advertising firm, Martino Flynn L.L.C., received one of three ETHIE Awards, given to local companies who show an executive commitment to business ethics, a company ethics program, conflict resolution procedures, good corporate citizenship, and demonstration of sound ethical business practices. Martino Flynn won in the medium-sized business category.
The 2013 recipients are eligible to compete in the 2014 American Business Ethics Award, a national ethics competition sponsored by the Society of Financial Service Professionals.
The ETHIE Awards are sponsored and organized by the Rochester Area Business Ethics Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable foundation. Organizational partners are the Society of Financial Service Professionals – Rochester Chapter, the Rochester Business Alliance, and St. John Fisher College. The awards program was established in 1994 by the Society of Financial Service Professionals. The Rochester awards and scholarships were initiated in 2003.
Stay connected with the Fisher community! Update your contact information to hear about upcoming alumni events, news, and more!
Latest Alumni News
- Find Food, Friends, Football, and Fun at Fisher’s Alumni Weekend
- Fisher Alumna Attends White House Commemoration of Americans with Disabilities Act
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Justinian Order Honors President Bain during Luncheon
- Classroom Dedication Celebrates a True Fisher Family
- Alum, Media and Communication Professor Collaborate on Video Production Course Project
- Alumni of Color Dinner Celebrates Seniors
- Bain Stops in Philadelphia for Farewell Tour
- Alumni Tour Campus with Mrs. Bain