Rolling Out the Cardinal Red Carpet for Alumni
It’s the most wonderful time of the year – Homecoming Weekend! This weekend, October 4-7, is one of the busiest weekends on the St. John Fisher College campus, when upwards of 1,000 alumni are expected to return for a variety of events that run through Sunday.
Starting on Thursday, October 4, the Accounting Alumni Society will hold the Lifetime Achievement Awards Luncheon, where Raymond J. Kittelberger '57 and the late Terrance P. McNamara '77 will be honored. And Thursday evening is the Science and Technology Hall of Fame dinner, where four esteemed alums will be inducted.
Friday’s events include the First Friday Lecture Series featuring Dr. Rick DeJesús-Rueff, the Fisher Fall Classic Golf Tournament, kick-off reunions for graduates from the classes of 1972 and 1982, and a class reunion for those who graduated in 1992.
The always-anticipated Cardinal Carnival and tailgating event begin at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, featuring family-friendly activities in the Campus Center Quad. Beginning at noon, the Fisher football team takes on Salisbury University at Growney Stadium.
Do you want to see more sports? Alumnae from the women’s volleyball team will be playing a reunion match at 4:00 p.m. in the Varsity Gym on Saturday. And alumni from the classes of 1962, 1972, and 1982 will all hold separate reunions around town in the evening. Maroon and Gold Pub Night, open to graduates from the classes of 2002-2012, will take place at MacGregors’ Grill and Tap Room.
The weekend will wind down on Sunday, October 7, with a reunion mass celebration at 10:00 a.m. in Coleman Chapel, an Economics Department alumni brunch, and the Wegmans School of Pharmacy Golf Tournament and Wine Tour.
For a full schedule of events, visit the Alumni Website (link to events listings - http://www.sjfc.edu/alumni/news/events-calendar.dot)
Stay connected with the Fisher community! Update your contact information to hear about upcoming alumni events, news, and more!
Latest Alumni News
- Recent Alum Selected for AmeriCorps Program
- Four Fisher Alumni among RBJ’s ‘Forty Under 40’
- Service-Learning Topic of December First Friday Lecture
- Four Fisher Grads among 2016 Athena Award Finalists
- Fisher Unveils Statue in Memory of Alumnus Thomas Way ’66 on Veteran’s Day
- Natural Landscapes Subject of New Exhibit at Fisher’s Patricia O’Keefe Ross Art Gallery
- Eight Inducted into Athletics Hall of Fame
- Rosica, Smith Meet with Pope Francis
- Annual Giving Campaign Kicks Off with Luncheon
- Rochester Radio Show Comes to Fisher during November First Friday Lecture