“Celebrating the Fisher of Today” Photo Contest
St. John Fisher College is pleased to announce the “Celebrating the Fisher of Today” photography contest, produced with support from Kodak. Alumni, students, faculty, and staff are invited to submit their photos showcasing Fisher in its current splendor.
A panel of judges will select 25 photos to be featured in an exhibit which will run October 1 to November 20, 2012, in the Patricia O’Keefe Ross Gallery in the Joseph S. Skalny Welcome Center on the St. John Fisher College campus. Additionally, the judges will select a best alumni photo, best student photo, and best faculty/staff photo.
The deadline to submit photos is July 1, 2012. For more information about the contest, please contact Calista Amering, Manager of Stewardship and Events at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (585) 385-7322 or visit our website.
- Open to St. John Fisher College alumni, students, faculty, and staff.
- Maximum of three entries per person.
- Photos must be taken between September 1, 2011 and June 1, 2012.
- Must be images of the St. John Fisher College campus. Photo categories: Athletics; Campus Life; Architecture & Environment; Academics; People.
- Deadline to submit photos is July 1, 2012.
- Twenty-five photos will be selected and displayed in the Patricia O’Keefe Ross Gallery in the Welcome Center from October 1 through November 20, 2012.
- Juried process: A panel of three judges will select the top photos for the exhibit.
- Overall “Best in Show” categories: Best Alumni Photo; Best Faculty/Staff Photo; Best Student Photo
Photo Submission Requirements:
- Photos must be submitted digitally through www.sendspace.com to Calista Amering at email@example.com.
- Please submit the following information with the photo (or in a separate email to Calista Amering at firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Photographer’s name;
- Class year, or anticipated class year, if applicable;
- If photographer is a College faculty or staff member, indicate the department;
- Title of the photo; Photographer’s email address and phone number;
- Indicate when the photo was taken (photo must be taken between September 1, 2011 and June 1, 2012).
- Photographs must be in a .jpeg, .jpg or .gif format, color or black-and-white. No RAW files. Entrants may submit mid-resolution files of no more than 2,048k (2Mb) - but a high-resolution file suitable for printing will be required if an image is chosen as a finalist.
- Finalists will be asked to submit a high-resolution file. No images from camera phones will be accepted due to limited resolution. Resulting final images should be reproducible 300 DPI resolution.
- St. John Fisher College reserves the right to disqualify contestants who are unable to submit, upon request, a high-resolution photograph of at least 300 dpi at 8 x 10 inches.
- All photos should accurately reflect the subject matter and the scene as it appears. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond minor corrections (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.) will be disqualified. Multiple exposures that have been combined to produce a single "High Dynamic Range" image are acceptable. Images that do not meet these requirements may or may not be judged at the judging panel's sole discretion.
- Release of photos: Fisher will have unlimited use of the photos, but the copyright will belong to the photographer.
- Person submitting the photo must complete and sign an image use agreement and have an image model release form completed and signed if there are people in the picture.
Stay connected with the Fisher community! Update your contact information to hear about upcoming alumni events, news, and more!
Latest Alumni News
- Hundreds Expected on Campus for 2014 Alumni Weekend
- Cooking Up a Sustainable First Friday Lecture October 3
- Are You Ready for Some Football? (And VIP Treatment?)
- Calling All Alumni Nominations!
- Where Are You Now?
- Alumni Association Board Welcomes New Members
- Alumnae Receive Top Honors at Local Public Relations Industry Awards
- Alumnus Honored by American Medical Association Foundation
- Alumnus Honors Two Basilian Fathers Through Classroom Dedication
- Scholarship Golf Tournament Celebrates 25 Years, Raises $125,000