St. John Fisher College Breaks Ground for the Victor E. Salerno Center for American Enterprise
St. John Fisher College today broke ground for the College’s newest academic building, the Victor E. Salerno Center for American Enterprise, which will house the Bittner School of Business.
In December 2011, the College announced that Victor Salerno ’66, CEO of O’Connell Electric and Vice Chair of the College’s Board of Trustees, had donated $2 million to fund the project. This is the largest gift the College has ever received from an alumnus.
“Vic Salerno’s generosity confirms his confidence in the College and its mission, said Dr. Donald Bain, President of the College, “His leadership gift is clearly an investment in future generations of Fisher students.” Bain was joined at the groundbreaking by Victor and Eileen Salerno and members of their family, along with faculty, staff, trustees, and friends of the College.
Salerno graduated from Fisher in 1966 with a BBA in accounting. He began his career with a predecessor firm of Deloitte & Touche, LLP, where he spent five years as an audit, tax, and business advisory specialist. He joined O’Connell Electric in 1971, where he has remained instrumental in the company’s year-over-year growth as well as the expansion of its service offerings. As CEO, his leadership is characterized by an infectious passion for business, fostering trusting partnerships with customers, and building strong relationships among his employees.
The 20,000 square-foot building bearing the Salerno name will create a hub for business education on campus that will feature a mock trading floor, with real-time, high-tech linkage to international equity exchanges. This area will mimic a stock exchange floor, with digital signage, and LED ticker to stream financial data, and international clocks. The two-story facility will also include classrooms, gathering spaces, faculty offices, a computer lab, and a Dean’s suite.
Construction of the Victor E. Salerno Center for American Enterprise is scheduled to begin immediately after the groundbreaking and the facility will be operational by fall 2013.
Stay connected with the Fisher community! Update your contact information to hear about upcoming alumni events, news, and more!
Latest Alumni News
- O’Keefe Ross Gallery Exhibit Showcases Rochester Art Club Member Work
- St. John Fisher College Announces Construction of New Chapel
- Tenures Begin for New Chairs, Member of St. John Fisher College Board of Trustees
- Beyond the Shore: Fisher Alumnus Breaks U.S. Transatlantic Rowing Record
- Executive Leadership Alum Named Superintendent of Greene County School District
- Fisher Alum Appointed Dean of UB School of Dental Medicine
- Convocation Brunch Brings Seniors Together for Reflection, Recognition
- Event Celebrates Tradition of Class Rings
- Fisher Grad Discovers Frederick Douglass Photograph
- Philanthropy Week by the Numbers