St. John Fisher College Breaks Ground for the Victor E. Salerno Center for American Enterprise
St. John Fisher College today broke ground for the College’s newest academic building, the Victor E. Salerno Center for American Enterprise, which will house the Bittner School of Business.
In December 2011, the College announced that Victor Salerno ’66, CEO of O’Connell Electric and Vice Chair of the College’s Board of Trustees, had donated $2 million to fund the project. This is the largest gift the College has ever received from an alumnus.
“Vic Salerno’s generosity confirms his confidence in the College and its mission, said Dr. Donald Bain, President of the College, “His leadership gift is clearly an investment in future generations of Fisher students.” Bain was joined at the groundbreaking by Victor and Eileen Salerno and members of their family, along with faculty, staff, trustees, and friends of the College.
Salerno graduated from Fisher in 1966 with a BBA in accounting. He began his career with a predecessor firm of Deloitte & Touche, LLP, where he spent five years as an audit, tax, and business advisory specialist. He joined O’Connell Electric in 1971, where he has remained instrumental in the company’s year-over-year growth as well as the expansion of its service offerings. As CEO, his leadership is characterized by an infectious passion for business, fostering trusting partnerships with customers, and building strong relationships among his employees.
The 20,000 square-foot building bearing the Salerno name will create a hub for business education on campus that will feature a mock trading floor, with real-time, high-tech linkage to international equity exchanges. This area will mimic a stock exchange floor, with digital signage, and LED ticker to stream financial data, and international clocks. The two-story facility will also include classrooms, gathering spaces, faculty offices, a computer lab, and a Dean’s suite.
Construction of the Victor E. Salerno Center for American Enterprise is scheduled to begin immediately after the groundbreaking and the facility will be operational by fall 2013.
Stay connected with the Fisher community! Update your contact information to hear about upcoming alumni events, news, and more!
Latest Alumni News
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins Today
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation
- St. John Fisher College Receives $50,000 Grant for Liberal Arts-Business Education Initiative