2013 Science and Technology Hall of Fame Inductees Announced
Four alumni will be inducted into the St. John Fisher College Science and Technology Hall of Fame on Thursday, September 26, as part of the College’s Homecoming Reunion Weekend festivities.
Dr. Donald Muench ’55, Professor of Mathematics and Computer Science at Fisher; Dr. Paul Kostyniak ’70, Professor and Chair, Department of Biotechnical and Clinical Laboratory Sciences, School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, University at Buffalo and Director of the Toxicology Research Center; Dr. Martha Mutschler-Chu ’75, Professor in the Department of Plant Breeding and Genetics, Cornell University; and Dr. Joseph Vacca ’77, Executive Director, Medicinal Chemistry, Merck Company Foundation, have been chosen as this year’s inductees.
The Science and Technology Hall of Fame, located in the Skalny Science Center, was established in 2011 by the College’s Science and Technology Alumni Group. The purpose of the Hall of Fame is to recognize individuals who have made a significant contribution to science and/or technology, science education, medicine or health-related fields, or who are noteworthy for their service to their community or the College.
Stay connected with the Fisher community! Update your contact information to hear about upcoming alumni events, news, and more!
Latest Alumni News
- Fisher Alumnus Named Outstanding Educator by Maryland Teachers Council
- King Penguins Focus of December First Friday Lecture
- The Queen of Kings: The history of the Fisher Kings rugby club traces back to one student
- Save the Dates for 2016-2017 First Friday Lectures
- A Look Back at Alumni Weekend
- Five Inducted into Science and Tech Hall of Fame
- Inaugural Ten Under 10 Awards Honor Young Alumni
- Best Bets for Alumni Weekend 2016
- 2010 Grad Named Assistant Coach for NBA Development League Team
- Ed.D. Grad’s Work with Roc Hub Featured in D&C