Dr. Rick DeJesús-Rueff Kicks off First Friday Lecture Series
On Friday, October 5, Dr. Rick DeJesús-Rueff, Vice President of Student Affairs and Diversity Initiatives, will kick off this year’s First Friday Lecture Series. His presentation is entitled, “As Time Goes By…Fisher Students in the 21st Century.” The lecture will take place in Basil 135 at 10:00 a.m., and will include a 9:00 a.m. mass followed by a breakfast.
DeJesús-Rueff will focus on how the College has changed since it was founded in 1948, when it served the education needs of young, Catholic men. Today’s students have become a more diverse and complex population. As the population has changed and grown in number, there are similarities and differences in the student life experience among the various generations of Fisher students. The array of activities that comprise student life at Fisher has evolved as the College has grown and societal expectations have changed. DeJesús-Rueff will talk about these changes at the College as its scope has expanded over the years.
The First Friday Lecture Series is designed for individuals who are interested in hearing learned perspectives on a variety of topics from members of the St. John Fisher College community.
Parking is available in Lot A off of the main entrance to the College at East Avenue/Fairport Road. For more information about the lecture series or to register for the lecture, please call (585) 385-5292 or email email@example.com.
Stay connected with the Fisher community! Update your contact information to hear about upcoming alumni events, news, and more!
Latest Alumni News
- 2010 Grad Named Assistant Coach for NBA Development League Team
- Ed.D. Grad’s Work with Roc Hub Featured in D&C
- Fisher Announces Athletic Hall of Fame Induction Class
- Fisher Grad a Woman to Watch
- Fisher Alumnus Publishes Memoir
- Fisher at Fringe: Faculty, Staff, Students Participate in Annual Festival
- First Friday Lecture Explores Friendship of St. Thomas More, St. John Fisher
- Women in Leadership Topic of Second Alumnae Luncheon
- Fisher Alumnus Tapped as Dean of Undergraduate Admissions at George Washington University
- Nursing Alumna Given Future Nurse Leader Award