Dr. Rick DeJesús-Rueff Kicks off First Friday Lecture Series
On Friday, October 5, Dr. Rick DeJesús-Rueff, Vice President of Student Affairs and Diversity Initiatives, will kick off this year’s First Friday Lecture Series. His presentation is entitled, “As Time Goes By…Fisher Students in the 21st Century.” The lecture will take place in Basil 135 at 10:00 a.m., and will include a 9:00 a.m. mass followed by a breakfast.
DeJesús-Rueff will focus on how the College has changed since it was founded in 1948, when it served the education needs of young, Catholic men. Today’s students have become a more diverse and complex population. As the population has changed and grown in number, there are similarities and differences in the student life experience among the various generations of Fisher students. The array of activities that comprise student life at Fisher has evolved as the College has grown and societal expectations have changed. DeJesús-Rueff will talk about these changes at the College as its scope has expanded over the years.
The First Friday Lecture Series is designed for individuals who are interested in hearing learned perspectives on a variety of topics from members of the St. John Fisher College community.
Parking is available in Lot A off of the main entrance to the College at East Avenue/Fairport Road. For more information about the lecture series or to register for the lecture, please call (585) 385-5292 or email email@example.com.
Stay connected with the Fisher community! Update your contact information to hear about upcoming alumni events, news, and more!
Latest Alumni News
- O’Keefe Ross Gallery Exhibit Showcases Rochester Art Club Member Work
- St. John Fisher College Announces Construction of New Chapel
- Tenures Begin for New Chairs, Member of St. John Fisher College Board of Trustees
- Beyond the Shore: Fisher Alumnus Breaks U.S. Transatlantic Rowing Record
- Executive Leadership Alum Named Superintendent of Greene County School District
- Fisher Alum Appointed Dean of UB School of Dental Medicine
- Convocation Brunch Brings Seniors Together for Reflection, Recognition
- Event Celebrates Tradition of Class Rings
- Fisher Grad Discovers Frederick Douglass Photograph
- Philanthropy Week by the Numbers