Advising & Registration Overview
Declare or Change a Major/Minor
The process is simple! Complete an Academic Change form [pdf] and submit it to the Office of Academic Affairs. This form also allows you to change your academic advisor.
Having trouble choosing a major? We can help!
Useful Registration Information
- How to Read Prerequisites
- Web Registration Worksheet [pdf]
- Course Planning Worksheet [pdf]
- Exploring Fisher's Course Offerings [pdf]
- Online Registration Guide [pdf]
- Non-matriculated Registration Information
Registering for more than 19 credit hours?
Send an email to your academic advisor that includes the following:
- Semester for which you are requesting the overload
- Total number of credit hours requested
- List of all intended courses (DEPT Course# Credit Hours)
- Reason for the request
- A note at the end of the email asking your advisor to forward your email with his or her comments and approval to Dr. David Pate firstname.lastname@example.org and Cc: Jamie Mosca email@example.com.
If approved by Dr. Pate, your credit limit will be raised and you will receive an email notifying you to register for the additional hour(s).
Find Your Advisor on Fish 'R' Net
To find the name of your advisor:
- Log into Fish 'R' Net
- Select Student Services and Financial Aid
- Select Student Records
- Select View Advisor Email Address
Spring Semester Highlighted Dates
Tues., January 7
Mon., January 13
- Classes begin at 8am
Sun., January 19
- Last day to add a course on Fish 'R' Net
Sun., February 2
- Last day to withdraw from a course without academic record
Mon., February 3
- "W" grades begin for course withdrawals
Sun., March 23
- Last day to withdraw from a course with a "W" grade
Week of April 1
- Summer and Fall '14 courses posted
- Registration PINs and timeslots assigned
- Advisees begin meeting with advisors
Fri., April 11
- Summer course registration for current students begins
Mon. - Wed., April 14 - 16
- Fall course registration begins by assigned times
Mon., April 21
- Undergraduate non-matriculated student registration begins for summer.
Mon., April 28
- Final exams begin
Tues., April 29
- Transfer and readmitted student registration begins by appointment for students who have deposited and submitted the online Course Preference Form.
Sat., May 10