Advising & Registration Overview
Declare or Change a Major/Minor
The process is simple! Complete an Academic Change form [pdf] and submit it to the Office of Academic Affairs. This form also allows you to change your academic advisor.
Having trouble choosing a major? We can help!
Useful Registration Information
- How to Read Prerequisites
- Web Registration Worksheet [pdf]
- Course Planning Worksheet [pdf]
- Exploring Fisher's Course Offerings [pdf]
- Online Registration Guide [pdf]
- Non-matriculated Registration Information
Registering for more than 19 credit hours?
Send an email to your academic advisor that includes the following:
- Fisher ID number
- Semester for which you are requesting the overload
- Total number of credit hours requested
- List of all intended courses (DEPT Course# Credit Hours)
- Reason for the request
- A note at the end of the email asking your advisor to forward your email with his or her comments and approval to Dr. David Pate firstname.lastname@example.org.
If approved by Dr. Pate, your credit limit will be raised and you will receive an email notifying you to register for the additional hour(s).
Find Your Advisor on Fish 'R' Net
To find the name of your advisor:
- Log into Fish 'R' Net
- Select Student Services and Financial Aid
- Select Student Records
- Select View Advisor Email Address
Important Fall Dates
Tues., January 13
- Transfer and readmitted student orientation
Wed., January 14
- Semester begins at 8am
Tues., January 20
- Last day to register or add a course
Tues., February 10
- Last day to withdraw from a course with no academic record
Tues., March 24
- Last day to withdraw from a course with a "W" grade; withdrawals after this result in grade of "F" or "FA"
- Summer and Fall course offerings viewable online; advising appointments and alternate PINs advailable from advisors
Week of April 20
- Summer and Fall Course Registration beings
Monday, April 27
- Final exams begin
Monday, May 4
- Transfer fall/summer and non-matriculated undergraduate summer course registration begins
Monday, August 24
- Non-matriculated undergraduate fall course registration begins