Advising & Registration Overview
Declare or Change a Major/Minor
The process is simple! Complete an Academic Change form [pdf] and submit it to the Office of Academic Affairs. This form also allows you to change your academic advisor.
Having trouble choosing a major? We can help!
Useful Registration Information
- How to Read Prerequisites
- Web Registration Worksheet [pdf]
- Course Planning Worksheet [pdf]
- Exploring Fisher's Course Offerings [pdf]
- Online Registration Guide [pdf]
- Non-matriculated Registration Information
Registering for more than 19 credit hours?
Send an email to your academic advisor that includes the following:
- Semester for which you are requesting the overload
- Total number of credit hours requested
- List of all intended courses (DEPT Course# Credit Hours)
- Reason for the request
- A note at the end of the email asking your advisor to forward your email with his or her comments and approval to Dr. David Pate firstname.lastname@example.org and Cc: Jamie Mosca email@example.com.
If approved by Dr. Pate, your credit limit will be raised and you will receive an email notifying you to register for the additional hour(s).
Find Your Advisor on Fish 'R' Net
To find the name of your advisor:
- Log into Fish 'R' Net
- Select Student Services and Financial Aid
- Select Student Records
- Select View Advisor Email Address
Spring Semester Dates
Sun., Mar. 24
- Last day to withdraw with a "W"
Mon., April 1
- Fall course offerings posted online
- Alternate PINs available from academic advisors
Mon., April 8
- Registration timeslots assigned, available on Fish 'R' Net
Mon., April 15
- Summer registration begins for continuing students
- Fall course registration for continuing students begins by assigned times
Mon., April 22
- Summer course registration for non-matriculated students
Wed., May 1
- Fall course registration begins for transfer and readmitted students
Apr. 29 - May 4
- Final exams