Current Student Disability Information
In order to evaluate requests for academic and non-academic accommodations, students must follow the Process to Request Accommodations.
Students with and without disabilities are expected to attend all course-related activities.
Attendance "flexibility" may sometimes be appropriate for students with health-related disabilities that occur episodically or for students with mobility impairments that are impacted by weather.
» See our Attendance Requirements Policy for more information.
Implementing Academic Accommodations
The Coordinator of Disability Services prepares an Academic Accommodation Verification form based on each student’s documentation of disability.
(View a sample Academic Accommodation Verification form [pdf].)
- Meet with the Coordinator of Disability Services (Kearney 202) to pick up the form & review the accommodation plan.
- Read and comply with the Exam Policy & Procedures (outlined on the Exam Accommodation Request form [pdf]).
- Meet with each instructor within the first two weeks of each semester to discuss the accommodations and plan for exams.
- Ask each instructor to sign the schedule/verification form to indicate that the meeting has taken place and that instructor & student have agreed on an accommodation plan for the course.
- Return the signed schedule form with attached verification form to OAA by the designated date.
- Follow the Exam Accommodation Request Process [pdf] for any exam taken through OAA.
- Check SJFC email account regularly to maintain communication with OAA.
- Meet with the student to review their Academic Accommodation Verification form and the Exam Accommodation Request Process [pdf].
- Discuss the course requirements and exam plan relative to the student’s accommodations.
- Sign the schedule form next to your printed name & return it to the student with the attached verification form. If you would like to receive a copy of the verification form, put a "CC" next to your name. OAA will send a copy to you after the student returns the signed form.
- Follow the Exam Accommodation Request Process for any exam the student takes through OAA.