Current Student Disability Information
In order to evaluate requests for academic and non-academic accommodations, students must follow the Process to Request Accommodations.
Students with and without disabilities are expected to attend all course-related activities.
Attendance "flexibility" may sometimes be appropriate for students with health-related disabilities that occur episodically or for students with mobility impairments that are impacted by weather.
- See our Attendance Requirements section for more information.
- The Undergraduate Catalog contains the College's official Attendance Policy
Implementing Academic Accommodations
The Coordinator of Disability Services prepares an Academic Accommodation Verification form based on each student’s documentation of disability.
(View a sample Academic Accommodation Verification form [pdf].)
- Meet with the Coordinator of Disability Services (Kearney 202) to pick up the form & review the accommodation plan.
- Read and comply with the Exam Policy & Procedures (outlined on the Exam Accommodation Request form [pdf]).
- Meet with each instructor within the first two weeks of each semester to discuss the accommodations and plan for exams.
- Ask each instructor to sign the schedule/verification form to indicate that the meeting has taken place and that instructor & student have agreed on an accommodation plan for the course.
- Return the signed schedule form with attached verification form to OAA by the designated date.
- Follow the Exam Accommodation Request Process [pdf] for any exam taken through OAA.
- Check SJFC email account regularly to maintain communication with OAA.
- Meet with the student to review their Academic Accommodation Verification form and the Exam Accommodation Request Process [pdf].
- Discuss the course requirements and exam plan relative to the student’s accommodations.
- Sign the schedule form next to your printed name & return it to the student with the attached verification form. If you would like to receive a copy of the verification form, put a "CC" next to your name. OAA will send a copy to you after the student returns the signed form.
- Follow the Exam Accommodation Request Process for any exam the student takes through OAA.