Tax Information (1098-T)
Student Accounts is unable to advise you on income tax matters. Please consult your tax adviser/preparer for assistance.
Your Tuition Statement, Form 1098-T, may be accessed online through Fish 'R' Net. You, or the person who claims you as a dependent, may be able to take the tuition and fees deduction or claim an education credit on Form 1040 or 1040A for the qualified tuition and related expenses that were actually paid. For more information about the deduction or credit, see IRS Pub. 970 [pdf], Tax Benefits for Education; IRS Form 8863 [pdf], Education Credits; and the Instructions for Form 1040 or 1040A.
Supplemental information such as payments and loan information can also be viewed on Fish 'R' Net. The Tuition Statement, Form 1098-T, and supplemental information will be mailed by January 31.
How to view your Form 1098-T information online:
- Open Fish 'R' Net in a new window
- Log in to Fish 'R' Net using the "Enter Secure Area" link
- Click on "Payment & Billing Information"
- Click on "1098-T Form"
- Type in the tax year for which you wish to view your record. (ex: "2009" for the 2009 tax year)
- Click the button in Fish 'R' Net.
- Fish 'R' Net will display the pertinent information. The relevant information will be summarized at the bottom of the page. You may also click on the reported amounts to see detailed information.
The college reports amounts for qualified tuition and related expenses. It is the responsibility of the tax filer to determine if they are eligible for a tax credit and the amount. The links below may help you to determine your eligibility.