Posting a Position
The St. John Fisher College Career Center welcomes the opportunity to partner with your company to meet your recruiting needs.
To post an internship, part-time, or full-time position, please visit our CareerZone website to set up an account. We have an Employer Guide for CareerZone [pdf] to assist you with creating an account and posting positions for student and alumni viewing.
When posting a position, be ready with the following information:
- Job Title*
- Hours per week and wages
- Description of the position*
- Include information on the roles and responsibilities of the position, and feel free to provide broader company information relevant to appropriate candidates.
- Highlight specific factors you would take into account when considering candidates. This may include prior experience, academic requirements, skills, motivators, and/or working conditions.
- Application Instructions*
- What documents would you like to require, and where should they be sent? The most common options would be sending a resume (or other application materials) to a direct contact via email, completing an online application, or submitting documents through the CareerZone system and receiving an application packet following the deadline.
- If you would like to collect resumes through CareerZone, make sure to select "Yes" under "Allow Online Referrals."
- Job Location (City, State)
- Job Category* (Function(s) this specific position incorporates)
- Position Type* (Full-time Entry Level, Full-time Experienced, Internship, Part-time, Temporary or Seasonal)
- Desired majors, class years, and degrees
* = required fields
Unacceptable Job Postings
The Career Center will NOT approve the following types of postings:
- Jobs which limit applications based on race, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, personal appearance, age, physical or mental disability, political affiliations, or other discriminatory policies
- Pyramid schemes or multi-level networking/marketing
- Business ventures or opportunities that require an initial investment
- Companies that do not have readily available background information about their organization
- Any company which misrepresents itself to students or provides vague intentions
Internships offer students the unique opportunity to work within an organization and gain valuable hands-on experience while still completing their academic studies. This allows students to explore career fields, and gain work related skills before seeking full-time employment.
We welcome the opportunity to partner with your organization to post available internships, or offer resources regarding the creation of an appropriate internship program including NACE's Position on Internships. Many employers find interns to be an asset to their company, and a good way to market their organization to potential full-time entry level candidates.
Students have the option to complete internships for academic credit through their program of study. To view more information about specific requirements for credit-bearing internships, please visit that academic department’s website which you can find on the Programs of Study page.
Unacceptable Internship Postings
The Career Center will NOT approve the following types of internships for posting:
- Working from home in a “virtual” office location with the student telecommuting; Interns are expected to be working in a professional office environment
- Working in a private residence or non-commercial setting
- Working without direct supervision on a regular basis
- Requiring students to provide their own personal computer, cell phone, camera, or any other personal equipment
- Requiring students to make an initial investment or purchase of products
- Requiring students to spend more than 50% of their time cold-calling
- Requiring students to complete inappropriate tasks, such as personal errands
Employer Profiles in CareerZone
When completing your employer profile, be sure to include or update the following information:
- Employer Information: Company name, website, industry, address, and company description
- Contact information: Name, title, department, address, and contact information including email