Staff Recognition Program
- To promote enhanced staff connection to campus community
- To showcase staff accomplishments
- To aid in overall retention of employees
- To offer a program consistent with the culture of today's employers including peer institutions
In addition to the specific characteristics outlined in each award, nominees must maintain a high-level job performance and exhibit quality characteristics such as: integrity, Fisher spirit, genuineness, professional/personal ethics, self-discipline, and self-initiative.
To nominate an employee for an award, simply click on the name of the award and fill in the online form.
The awards are as follows:
- Employed with Fisher for 3 years or fewer
- "Hit the ground running" - made a positive and immediate impact on the Fisher community
- Shows imagination, creativity, and innovation
- Easily adapted to Fisher culture
- Fosters positive attitude
- Bridges lines across departments
- Demonstrates initiative
- Exemplifies the Fisher Spirit
- Gives of their own time to make a difference in the lives of others
- Provides outreach to the Fisher and/or greater community
- Serves as a role model for others
- Actively participates on campus/community committees and events
- Continually seeks further education/professional development to enhance his/her growth
- Proactively shares knowledge gained with campus community
- Pursues networking opportunities (i.e. committee/board work)
- Consistently maintains high-level job performance
Just for Students
*Students - consider nominating a Fisher employee who works outside of the classroom to make a difference for you!
- "Student first" approach - daily actions and efforts are consistently aligned with the Fisher student in mind
- Student Advocacy - consistently looks out for the well-being of each student
- Proactive in fostering/promoting the success of all students
- Genuinely cares about students; reaches out to those in need
Save the Date!
The 4th Annual Staff Recognition Reception will be April 23, 2013 in Cleary Auditorium.
2012 Recognition Recap
On Tuesday, April 24, over 100 staff members from the St. John Fisher College community attended the Staff Appreciation Ceremony, to honor four staff members for exemplary performance.
Award winners Eileen Atwell, Steve Watts, and Clarence Norman with Dr. Bain.
The 2012 Staff Recognition Award nominees.