OIT to Add Two New Wireless Networks
Beginning on August 15, the Office of Information Technology (OIT) will be rolling out two new wireless networks across campus in an effort to better protect the College’s information that is stored on the network infrastructure.
All faculty, staff, and students can connect to “SJFC” using their network credentials. This is a WPA2 Enterprise wireless connection which will allow users to connect to the College’s main network through a secured encrypted connection.
The second network, “SJFC_Guest,” will be available for any guests on campus. Guests can connect to and access the Internet via a standard set of protocols. This is an open and unencrypted Wi-Fi connection that provides access to the Internet with no access to campus resources (i.e., printing and file shares such as Citadel).
Over the next three-four weeks, both the current (“SJFC Secure” and “SJFC Wireless”) and the new wireless networks will be available for use. During that time, the OIT Department will be moving all College-owned devices over to the new network. Any personal devices that users bring to campus will also have to be moved over.
For assistance, please review the OIT website or contact the OIT Helpdesk (ext. 8016) for assistance.
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- Campus Phone Upgrade
- Summer Computer Updates
- OIT Staff Member Wins Award at SUNY Film Festival
- OIT Launches Mobile App
- OIT and Wegmans School of Pharmacy Publish Case Study
- OIT Staff Member Receives Award
- “The Irish Vampire” Coming to Fisher
- OIT Staff to Present at Regional Conference
- OIT to Add Two New Wireless Networks