OIT to Add Two New Wireless Networks
Beginning on August 15, the Office of Information Technology (OIT) will be rolling out two new wireless networks across campus in an effort to better protect the College’s information that is stored on the network infrastructure.
All faculty, staff, and students can connect to “SJFC” using their network credentials. This is a WPA2 Enterprise wireless connection which will allow users to connect to the College’s main network through a secured encrypted connection.
The second network, “SJFC_Guest,” will be available for any guests on campus. Guests can connect to and access the Internet via a standard set of protocols. This is an open and unencrypted Wi-Fi connection that provides access to the Internet with no access to campus resources (i.e., printing and file shares such as Citadel).
Over the next three-four weeks, both the current (“SJFC Secure” and “SJFC Wireless”) and the new wireless networks will be available for use. During that time, the OIT Department will be moving all College-owned devices over to the new network. Any personal devices that users bring to campus will also have to be moved over.
For assistance, please review the OIT website or contact the OIT Helpdesk (ext. 8016) for assistance.
- Westbay Begins Role as Interim Dean of the College School of Arts and Sciences
- Rooney’s Tenure as St. John Fisher College President Begins
- Lavery Library Earns Several Awards
- Media and Communication Alumna Receives Rising Star Award from Local Public Relations Society
- Area High School Students Honored for College Club Participation
- Four Nursing Faculty Present at National Conference
- Fisher Ed.D. Candidate Praised for Improving School Attendance
- Fisher Hosts Roundtable Discussion for Government Relations Professionals
- Hundreds Celebrate Dr. Bain’s Presidency during Tribute Gala
- Wegmans School of Nursing Earns 10-Year Accreditation