Help Topic Detail
Reset Your Banner Password
If you can log into Banner...
- Go to the GUAPSWD screen.
- Type in your current Banner password in the 'Oracle Password' field.
- The 'Database' field can be left blank. Below, type your new password in the 'New Oracle Password' field.
- Type it again in the 'Verify Password' field.
- Click on Save
If you are locked out of Banner...
Your Banner Account will be locked after three (3) failed logon attempts.
- Log into Fish 'R' Net, click on the Personal Information tab and click on the Reset your Banner password link.
- From the Reset Banner Password window, enter your Network User ID and Password and click on Submit. Your Network User ID is the same login used for webmail or logging onto a PC on campus.
- Within the Reset Banner Password window, enter a new Banner password and click on Submit.
- If you are unable to reset your password using Fish 'R' Net, please contact the OIT Help Desk at (585) 385-8016.
All Banner passwords must meet the following criteria:
- Password must be 8 or more characters
- Passwords must contain at least one letter
- Passwords must contain at least one number
- Passwords must contain at least one of the following punctuation characters:
- # (pound sign)
- + (plus sign)
- _ (underscore)
- The punctuation character should not be used as the first character
Password expiration warnings start after 60 days, and passwords will expire 15 days after the warnings begin.