Help Topic Detail
OIT provides telephone services across campus. In residence halls, each floor is equipped with an emergency phone; Resident Assistants also have telephone service wired to their rooms.
Blue Light emergency phones are available across campus. If emergency assistance is needed, look for the phones along campus walkways and in campus parking lots.
Finally, all faculty and staff offices are equipped with telephones and voicemail service. To access your voicemail box from off campus dial (585) 385-8181. Should you have questions about either of these services, you can contact the OIT Service Desk.
Cisco Unity Connection Voicemail
Unity Connection voicemail provides integration with our email system. All voicemail messages will be delivered to your email inbox with an audio attachment, allowing you to listen to them from your email inbox. Please refer to the Unity Voicemail Guide for help with setup, password, alternate greeting, and more.
How do I access my voicemail from off campus:
- Call (585) 385-8181 and press * during the auto attendant message.
- Enter your extension number followed by the #.
- Enter your password followed by the #.
How do I fix? When listening to a voicemail message, the message is extremely slow:
- You can change the speed of the message; press 6 to speed up and 4 to slow down.
I am locked out of my voicemail:
- Unity allows 5 password attempts and will lock the account for 5 minutes.
- If your account is locked, wait 5 minutes and try again.
- If you continue to have trouble with your password contact the OIT Service Desk 585.385.8016.
I have listened to my voicemail messages and the message light is still on?
- Press the settings button on the phone, dial **