Help Topic Detail
I am a new student logging on for the first time.
Network Account First Time Log in: (Gmail or Blackboard)
- Change your password: To change your initial password, visit the Change Your SJFC Password page.
- Sign up to reset your password online. This feature is currently being updated.
Any new student logging into SJFC applications for the first time from off-campus must reset their network password. To change your initial password use the Change Your SJFC Password page. Initially your password has a specific format for both on- and off-campus students.
Returning students may need to re-set their password to access Gmail and/or Blackboard before returning to campus. Instructions on resetting passwords or changing your password will assist you from off-campus. If you would like to reset your password via online, please remember pre-registration is necessary prior to using online tools.
If you need additional support with passwords please contact the OIT Help Desk at (585) 385-8016 or via email at email@example.com.
*New students logging in from a computer on-campus the first time will receive a prompt to change their initial password.
Additional Resources, links and information:
- More information on network accounts
- Information on student password format, expiration, and number of times you can change your password per day.
- Getting started with Blackboard
- Getting started with Gmail