Medical Services at the Health & Wellness Center
*For more information on the services provided, please call the Health & Wellness Center at (585) 385-8280
- Sick Visits/General Medical Care
- Testing/Laboratory Services
- Sexual/Reproductive Health
- Medication/Prescription Delivery
- Health Updates
- Chiropractic Care
Note: All visits to the Health & Wellness Center are strictly confidential.
For common medical conditions including colds, sore throats, flu, urinary & vaginal infections, and minor injuries, students can make an appointment to be seen by a health care provider.
Medical Excuse Policy/Missed Classes
It is the student's responsibility to discuss missed classes with his/her instructor(s). For more information, please review the full Medical Excuse Policy [pdf].
Testing and laboratory services include:
- Tuberculin Skin Testing (PPD) - Two visits needed, 24 hours apart
- Rapid Strep, Mono & Flu Testing
- Urinary Tract Infection Testing
- STD Testing
- HIV Testing
- Pregnancy Testing
- Blood Pressure Checks
- DMV Eye Examinations
- Vitamin D Testing
- Flu Shots - More information about the flu
- Hepatitis B Vaccine - Provided for EMPLOYEES requesting it under OSHA regulations
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella - Provided for those students requiring it to comply with New York State regulations.
Sexual and reproductive health services include:
- Checkups when you have a reproductive/sexual health problem
- Birth control - initiation, problems, refills, prescriptions
- Emergency contraception (Plan B available at low/no cost)
- Pap smear tests/routine annual exams
- Vaginal infections - testing and treatment
- Urinary tract infection - testing and treatment
- Menstrual cycle control
- STD testing and treatment
- Pregnancy testing & pregnancy options
- Sexual assault counseling, treatment & referrals
If the student is seen in the Health & Wellness Center and requires a prescription, the medicine will be called in to the Wegmans pharmacy, the student will sign a insurance and release form [pdf], and then the student will call the pharmacy to make payment arrangements.
- Please Call Wegmans at (585) 586-7922 before 2:00 PM to ensure that your prescription will be delivered to St. John Fisher College TODAY.
- SAME DAY deliveries can be picked up at the Health & Wellness Center from 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- All other pick up times are Mon-Fri, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Pharmacy Updates
- Sports Updates
- AIDS Care Rochester
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Alternatives for Battered Women
- Bethany House
- Drug Abuse Hotline
- Eastman Dental Center
- Eating Disorders Program
- Planned Parenthood (Central & Western NY)
- Poisoning and Drug Information Center
- RESTORE (formerly Rape Crisis Services)
- Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) Clinic
- Smoking Cessation (New York State Smokers' Quitline)
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Tuberculosis (TB) Clinic
Print Your Immunization Record
Students and alumni, you can now print your immunization records through Fish 'R' Net:
- Login to Fish 'R' Net
- Go to the Student Services Menu
- Click Student Records, Immunization Record
- Print your record
Call the Health & Wellness Center with any questions.