New York State Public Health Law (PHL) 2165 requires that all students born on or after January 1, 1957 who are enrolled in 6 credit hours or more must demonstrate proof of immunity to measles, mumps and rubella.
In addition, PHL 2167 requires that all students enrolled in 6 credit hours or more must either document immunization against Meningococcal disease or sign a "Meningitis Response Form."
Mail or fax your immunization records to:
Health & Wellness Center
3690 East Avenue
Rochester, NY 14618
Fax: (585) 385-8299
Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) Requirements
To demonstrate proof of immunity, you must have one of the following:
- The official records (signed by health care provider) showing two measles, one rubella and one mumps (most often received as 2 MMR vaccines in early childhood) —OR—
- Your official high school immunization records (signed by the school nurse are acceptable, have your immunization records faxed to 585-385-8299) —OR—
- The official records (signed by health care provider) showing the date and results of measles, mumps, and rubella titers (blood test)
Meningococcal Meningitis Requirements
To meet NYS requirements, you must have one of the following:
- Official documentation that you have received the Meningitis vaccine —OR—
- The Meningitis Response Form [pdf] must be completed and signed if you have not received the Meningitis vaccine
Without proof of the above immunizations, you will have an immunization hold placed on your account restricting you from registering for classes, viewing your grades and moving into residence halls. This hold will remain on until all NYS mandated immunization requirements are met. In addition, if the NYS mandated immunization records are not turned in by 30 days after the start of classes, you will be removed from class. If you are withdrawn from your courses and wish to re-enroll, you will be required to pay a $300 reinstatement fee after you submit the required documentation.
Print Your Immunization Record
Students and alumni, you can now print your immunization records through Fish 'R' Net:
- Login to Fish 'R' Net
- Go to the Student Services Menu
- Click Student Records, Immunization Record
- Print your record
Call the Health and Wellness Center at (585) 385-8280 with any questions.