Lavery Library offers display and exhibit spaces to enrich learning and share accomplishments with the St. John Fisher College community, integrating the library more fully into campus life.
The library will host exhibitions each semester, focusing on the following ~
- Exhibitions in cooperation with academic departments and campus sponsored events
- Student and faculty work (art, posters, visual renditions of academic work, etc.)
- Traveling exhibits
- Exhibits in cooperation with community organizations
Displays will be in keeping with the library and college mission, particularly supporting "a belief in the dignity of every individual."
The library is equipped with art tracking, allowing for a variety of display possibilities. The following library spaces are available for exhibits ~
- Lavery Library Lower Level Gallery ~ Open gallery with 96 linear feet of wall space to display 2d work
- Lavery Study Lounge Mini-Gallery ~ Lockable gallery with linear 30 feet of wall space
- Library Lobby Glass Display Case ~ Lockable 4-sided 52"x58"x29"glass display case with 4 shelves (sorry, shelves are not adjustable)
- Angle-Top Display Cases ~ Two lockable glass-topped wooden table cases. Each case has a display area of approximately 94"x23"x5", suitable for small 3d works.
- All exhibitors agree to adhere to the following Lavery Library Exhibition Policies:
- Exhibition spaces are reserved on a first come, first served basis, with priority given to library sponsored events
- Materials should be delivered in display-ready condition (i.e. matted, framed, wire-backed, affixed to foam board, etc.)
- All labeling, biographical information, artist statements, and accompanying information should be submitted to the exhibits coordinator at least one week prior to the exhibit date.
- Exhibitors agree to the use of digital images of their work and accompanying information for promotional purposes.
- Exhibitors are responsible for delivery and pick up of all works to and from the library. Hand pick-up and delivery on Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm is preferred, or by special arrangement with the Exhibits Coordinator.
- As the library is a not-for-profit organization, prices may not appear on exhibition pieces; however, contact information may be provided in the form of a flier or card
- The library reserves the right to reject works due to space limitations or inappropriate content.
- Please plan to leave all submitted works for the entire scheduled exhibition period.
- Every effort will be made for the security of all submissions: however, Lavery Library will not be responsible for loss or damage
Please contact Nancy Greco with any questions and to reserve exhibit space.