Library Services for Students
Research Help Desk
Librarians are on duty during all Research Help Desk hours and are eager to assist students, faculty, and staff. Whether you have a single reference question, need help searching a database, or are beginning a research paper, the Research Help Desk is the place to contact for all of your information needs.
You can also chat with a librarian. This online service is literally available 24/7 so you can get your questions answered even when the library is closed, right at your own computer. Please note that the Chat With a Librarian service may link you to a librarian from an academic library other than St. John Fisher College's Lavery Library. For this service, click the Chat: Ask Us 24/7 link on our homepage!
To contact the Lavery Library Research Help Desk:
Phone: (585) 385-8141
Those needing extended help with research may schedule an appointment with a librarian. This is an ideal way to plan a research strategy for a term paper or other major project. Appointments may also be made for one-on-one training in the use of any of the library's databases. Contact your Department/Program Liaison.
No single library can meet all the information needs of today's researcher. As a member of OCLC (Online Computer Library Center) and RRLC (Rochester Regional Library Council), the Lavery Library is connected to consortia of libraries which freely lend and borrow materials for their patrons. Daily delivery within the RRLC region and online delivery of articles expedite requests. ILL requests are made using your ILL account. If you have questions, please see our ILL Subject Guide or contact the ILL Office at (585) 385-8106 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nazareth/St. John Fisher College Access Program
In order to provide the best possible library service to all our students and faculty, Nazareth College and St. John Fisher College implemented a direct-access cooperative borrowing program in 1988. Students and faculty from either school may directly check out materials from the other college's library. The relatively close locations and complementary library collections make this a successful option for undergraduate students of both schools.
RRLC Access Cards
Undergraduate students, Graduate students and faculty may borrow materials from many other college and research libraries in the Rochester area by obtaining an RRLC Access Card.
The program is sponsored by the Rochester Regional Library Council. Find more information and a list of all participating libraries on RRLC Access Card Program page. For more information on obtaining an Access Card visit our RRLC Access Card Informational Guide.
As an extension of classroom instruction, the Lavery Library Reserve Desk oversees the distribution of high demand materials to our students. Prompt access by all members of the campus community is a high priority. Search Reserves through FisherCat from the Library's homepage under Books and Media. Materials may be borrowed at the Checkout Desk with a valid Fisher ID.
Public faxing services are available at the Checkout Desk during normal library hours. The charge for local and long distance faxing is $.50 per page. For international numbers or to receive a fax, please see Central Services, Kearney 007. For help with faxing, please contact the Checkout Desk at (585) 385-8165.
Please check out a lock from the Checkout Desk.
As there are a limited number of lockers available, some restrictions apply to ensure equity among locker users. Please make every effort to abide by the following rules:
- Lockers are made available exclusively for Fisher patron use. A valid Fisher ID is required.
- Lockers are first-come, first-serve. Limit one locker per person.
- The locker loan period is one semester. Please stop by the Checkout Desk or call (585) 385-8165 for more information.
- Overdue Locks: First 27 days overdue, no fines -- $45 replacement cost and $25 billing fee after 28 days overdue.
- Personal locks are not permitted. Any locks other than Lavery Library locks will be removed, and locker contents will be moved to the Checkout Desk. You will be charged a $35 lock cutting fee. After 24 hours, personal belongings will be turned over to Campus Safety & Security.
- Check out any Library material to your account before storing them in a locker. Materials that may not be checked out (journals, magazines, reference books, etc.) may not be kept in lockers.
- The Library reserves the right to inspect the contents of lockers at any time.
- Violations of any of the above policies may result in suspension of locker privileges.
- If lock becomes overdue, library staff will attempt to contact patron 30 days past due date of locker. If patron does not respond within this time frame, library staff will clean out locker.
Library SMART Board
The library has a mobile SMART Board that is able to be reserved and used throughout the library by faculty and students. A library designated laptop and usage kit, including Quick Tips, will be checked out at the Checkout Desk when arriving to use the SMART Board. Access Services organizes and manages the location of the SMART Board upon request. For complete information about the SMART Board and SMART Notebook software, see our SMART Board Reservation Procedure .