Gantner to Chair Mathematical Association of America’s Seaway Section
Dr. Ryan Gantner, Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Mathematical and Computing Sciences, was recently appointed as Chair of the Mathematical Association of America's (MAA) Seaway Section at the association’s spring meeting which was held at Buffalo State College.
Gantner was named to the position of Chair-elect, which he will hold for one year before becoming Chair of the section. The Seaway Section of the MAA includes upstate New York, most of Ontario, and all of Quebec with prestigious math programs including those at Cornell University, the University of Toronto, and the University of Waterloo, along with many schools with excellent teaching programs at the undergraduate level. Gantner has served as Program Chair and First Vice Chair for the past two years, and as Student Program Chair prior to that.
The MAA is the largest professional society that focuses on mathematics accessible at the undergraduate level.
Latest College News Stories
- Investment Club Students, Finance Pros Celebrate During Shareholders’ Report Dinner
- Relay for Life Celebrates, Remembers, and Fights Against Cancer
- Countdown to Commencement: Tyrese Bryant
- Dr. Theresa Westbay Named Interim Dean of St. John Fisher College School of Arts and Sciences
- Catch Ballroom Thieves Live at Fisher
- April First Friday Lecture Explores Italian American Identity
- Students Plan 5K in Honor of Pharmacy Dean
- Fisher Students Earn Accolades at Annual Marketing Conference
- Hooding and Awards Ceremony Recognizes Doctoral Graduates at Fisher Extension Site
- Fisher Student’s Passion for Airplanes Takes to New Heights
- Grant from Canandaigua National Bank & Trust Funds School of Business Scholarship
- College to Host First-Ever American Studies Undergraduate Research Conference
- Countdown to Commencement: Aidan Evans
- Preventing Youth Violence in Rochester Focus of Annual Trovato Lecture
- Jill Knittel ’94, ’03 (MBA) Honored as St. John Fisher College’s Outstanding Accounting Alumnus of the Year