Gantner to Chair Mathematical Association of America’s Seaway Section
Dr. Ryan Gantner, Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Mathematical and Computing Sciences, was recently appointed as Chair of the Mathematical Association of America's (MAA) Seaway Section at the association’s spring meeting which was held at Buffalo State College.
Gantner was named to the position of Chair-elect, which he will hold for one year before becoming Chair of the section. The Seaway Section of the MAA includes upstate New York, most of Ontario, and all of Quebec with prestigious math programs including those at Cornell University, the University of Toronto, and the University of Waterloo, along with many schools with excellent teaching programs at the undergraduate level. Gantner has served as Program Chair and First Vice Chair for the past two years, and as Student Program Chair prior to that.
The MAA is the largest professional society that focuses on mathematics accessible at the undergraduate level.
Check out photos from Teddi 34 on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Fisher Professor’s Study Says Brands on Snapchat Need to be Relatable, Feel-Good
- The Buffalo Girl: How the heart of a Fisher graduate shaped the heart of “Four Falls of Buffalo”
- Pharmacy Professor Fosters Research Partnership with Indian University
- Women’s Leadership Series Event Focuses on Strengths-Based Development
- Fisher Receives $410,000 Higher Ed Capital Funding for Science Building
- Freshmen, Seniors Asked to Participate in Student Engagement Survey
- Pharmacy/MBA Students Win State Business Competition
- Fisher Celebrates National Girls and Women in Sports Day