Gantner to Chair Mathematical Association of America’s Seaway Section
Dr. Ryan Gantner, Associate Professor and Chair of the Department of Mathematical and Computing Sciences, was recently appointed as Chair of the Mathematical Association of America's (MAA) Seaway Section at the association’s spring meeting which was held at Buffalo State College.
Gantner was named to the position of Chair-elect, which he will hold for one year before becoming Chair of the section. The Seaway Section of the MAA includes upstate New York, most of Ontario, and all of Quebec with prestigious math programs including those at Cornell University, the University of Toronto, and the University of Waterloo, along with many schools with excellent teaching programs at the undergraduate level. Gantner has served as Program Chair and First Vice Chair for the past two years, and as Student Program Chair prior to that.
The MAA is the largest professional society that focuses on mathematics accessible at the undergraduate level.
Check out photos from Fisher's 2015 Commencement Ceremonies on Flickr!
Latest College News Stories
- Forbes.com Ranks Fisher among “America’s Top Colleges”
- Wegmans School of Pharmacy Earns Accreditation for Continuing Professional Education Program
- Fisher Alumna Pens RomCom Novel
- Retired Political Science Professor Publishes First Novel
- Chemistry Graduate Wins TA Scholar Award from LSU
- Bank of America Awards $5,000 Grant to Fisher’s College Club Program
- Political Science and Statistics Faculty Wins Fellowship
- Fisher’s Tech Support Services Director Shares Best Practices at Tech Summit
- School of Pharmacy Faculty Present at National Conferences
- St. John Fisher College Mourns the Loss of Reverend Joseph Lanzalaco, C.S.B.
- Middle Schoolers Stop By Fisher for Digital Download
- Pharmacy Student Matthew Yacobucci Awarded AACP Walmart Scholarship
- Join the Office of Multicultural Affairs and Diversity Programs for Summer Fun in Rochester
- Buffalo Bills Announce 2015 Training Camp Ticketed Practice Information
- Sarachan is "Five Minutes of Fame" Presenter at New Media Consortium Conference